porter cars ?

dsms motorsports

Reaction
I was sort of curious about what happened to porter race cars, why did they close shop? and you guys that owned porter cars did you like your car? and please if you didn't own one then don't answer the question or guess your bs. or bash.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
i have 1 of the first porters built, in fact the 1st 1600 danny built. i think my car is porter chassis #6!!! I love my car. It works phenomenal and is safe as hell. i dont know y porter closed up shop but i believe that eric stewart bought the rights to the designs so i wouldnt be surprised if they started to build the cars again but under a new name. dont quote me on that!!!
i know for a fact that billy gasper is still fabricating on customers chassis and finishing up fabrication on a select few porter chassis... they are just awesome chassis. i had a terrible accident in my car that i very easily could have died as a result but thank god for the chassis i was in because i believe whole heartedly that it was what saved my life!

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
billy is still out there he is doing what he can he is Gasit2win on this site if you need to get a hold of him :D

GHARACING

Reaction
We have a 05 rear engine prc1, it was built for KINCAID, we purchased it from in in 06'. AWESOME car, handles well, prep friendly.

Last year we were also in the works of having porter build us a new MID engine prc1. unfortunately they shut down. i have a brand new chassis in my shop, we have yet to move forward on it. want to buy it :)

Go Go Gadget Arms

Reaction
I was sort of curious about what happened to porter race cars, why did they close shop? and you guys that owned porter cars did you like your car? and please if you didn't own one then don't answer the question or guess your bs. or bash.
They are still open in bloomington, but they changes names. The Hostyle motorsports car is prepped there as are a few other cars along with new builds

Porter Race Cars
150 W Mindanao St
Bloomington, CA 92316
(909) 875-8764

dsms motorsports

Reaction
We have a 05 rear engine prc1, it was built for KINCAID, we purchased it from in in 06'. AWESOME car, handles well, prep friendly.

Last year we were also in the works of having porter build us a new MID engine prc1. unfortunately they shut down. i have a brand new chassis in my shop, we have yet to move forward on it. want to buy it :)
thank you for your offer I like the way they look, but we are staying with a fabricator that gave us a chance and a start, with out them, I would be racing the DVD player , and I believe what he builds next for me is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you PLaytech.

Froghorn

Reaction
I have a new car that will be complete at the end of the week...
The new car is incredible thanks to ES Motorsports Eric Stewart and Billy G.

GROVERACING

Reaction
I have had many Porter cars over the last few years and have always been very happy with all of them. Top notch fabrication. Our current mid-engines are the best handling cars we have ever owned. Eric and Billy are still building and fabricating at the same building Porter was at in Rialto.

racer56

Reaction
I have a new car that will be complete at the end of the week...
The new car is incredible thanks to ES Motorsports Eric Stewart and Billy G.
Are there any detailed build picks of this car? I saw the pictures in the classifieds and would love to see more. Beautiful car, why is it for sale?

Froghorn

Reaction
Too many toys... I would like to build a TT Prerunner. Can't have it all, I am afraid if I drive it I won't be able to sell it. So, chalk it up to self discipline or something like that... I will post more pics next week.

Attachments

baja619

Reaction
Anymore photos of that prerunner in the back?

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Rusty Stevens still races a Porter TT

jerseydevil

Reaction
I own the Porter Car that Billy G. drove to the 2007 Score Championship, its handles incredible. My rookie year of driving I finished 7th in BITD Class 1. The craftsmanship is great, its dependable, and the frame geometry is spot on. These guys are RACECAR builders. Don't forget these are the cars that finally beat Larry Roesler and the Herbst Landshark Truggy for Class 1 Championship in "07". The Truggy was retired after that season. If the economy didn't tank these cars would dominate the class today. Danny's only fault was that he sold them to too cheap. If you're building a new Class 1 talk to Eric Stewart and Billy G.

TJERGENSEN

Reaction
PM me about the chassis if you want to sell it