May be a long way off, but If you are a registered voter
please keep the name Chuck DeVore in your consideration
when things get closer to voting time.

He has appeared at a past OHV lobby day, could be a viable asset
to the access community

Check out his web site http://chuckdevore.com/

TomJeep,Is this guy in your area? Opinion please

Wayne

http://totalbuzz.freedomblogging.co...ores-faxing-campaign-against-obamacare/19261/

It’s more than a year before Sen. Barbara Boxer will face re-election but already one national poll has Republican hopeful and former corporate chief Republican Carly Fiorina only 4 percentage points behind the incumbent Democratic senator.

The Rasmussen Report has Boxer and 45 percent and the former Hewlett-Packard CEO Fiorina at 41 percent. In March in that same poll Boxer led Fiorina by 7 percent.

In fairness, March’s Field Poll had Boxer at 55 and Fiorina at 25.

So far Fiorina hasn’t filed a statement of candidacy with the Federal Elections Commission, which means she hasn’t raised or spent $5,000 on the2010 campaign yet.

B oxer on the other hand is ahead of her own fundraising six years ago. She had $5.4 million cash on hand as of June 30th. This time six years ago she had $3.1 million.

Boxer’s campaign strategist, Rose Kapolcyznski says if Fiorina ends up getting the GOP nomination they’ll plan to raise between $25 million and $30 million because Fiorina has the ability to put lots of her own money into this race.

Orange County Assemblyman Chuck DeVore of Irvine would also like the Republican nomination but he hasn’t raised much money as of yet. DeVore had $75,663 cash on hand as of June 30th. DeVore has a strategy though. He’s picking issues and then running fax campaigns to get people fired up about them.

Kapolcyznski said they are gearing up for a tough race and believes that the tough economy could be making voters frustrated and looking to incumbent lawmakers for answers.

TomJeeps

Reaction
:D Yup I'm in the 70th District, good guy but the real question is how will he do State wide in this Blue State, is he a better choice then Boxer :eek:like DUH...TJ

TomJeeps

Reaction
Great web site, the off shore oil drilling bill he talked about was somehow dropped as a "must pass" list of bills for the budget deal, guess the other Republicans ran out on him which is my concern about him in a State wide run. Personally I'd hate to lose him as My Assembly man, and don't know about his chances but we all know one thing, the State budget is not really "fixed" which will become apparent when this race heats up, I'll figure out a way to send him some money by the end of the month...TJ:D

TomJeeps

Reaction
Lawmakers send budget to Schwarzenegger
ShareThis

Buzz up!By Peter Hecht and Steve Wiegand
phecht@sacbee.com
Published: Saturday, Jul. 25, 2009 - 12:00 am | Page 1A
California lawmakers approved a revised budget Friday after wrangling for nearly 20 hours over a $24 billion fiscal plan that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said would cure a staggering deficit and rescue the state "from the darkest of storms and the harshest of winds."

But the turbulence of the worst financial crisis faced by California government since the Great Depression won't be stilled until Schwarzenegger takes out his "blue pencil" to enact additional line-item spending cuts.

The governor said he intends to make more cuts in the next few days to leave the state with an emergency budget reserve. He is expected to sign a final budget next Tuesday.

The governor said he would be looking for additional budget savings after the Assembly rejected key Schwarzenegger proposals to open up the Santa Barbara coast for new oil drilling and shift $1 billion in gas taxes from cities and counties.

The plan to allow off-shore drilling at Tranquillon Ridge, expected to bring $100 million to the budget solution, passed in the state Senate 21-18 early Friday morning.

But it was voted down, 43-28, in the Assembly after a series of highly charged speeches by Democratic lawmakers who recalled the environmental devastation of the 1969 Santa Barbara oil slick.
The Assembly also parted with the Senate by rejecting the gas tax proposal passed in the upper house. Local governments had charged that the plan was illegal, and vowed to sue.

The gas tax shift would have cost Sacramento County about $20 million – a 45 percent reduction in funds that improve local highways. The city of Sacramento stood to lose about $7.5 million, about half of its budget for street work.

"Assembly members on both sides of the aisle were deeply concerned about taking gas taxes away from local governments," said Assembly Speaker Karen Bass, D-Los Angeles. She added: "We are protecting the still-vital local governments."

Although the gas tax proposal failed, the budget plan retains a $1.7 billion shift in local redevelopment revenues into the state's general fund.

The plan also slashes billions of dollars from almost all state programs, reduces state workers' pay through furloughs and changes some of the ways the state does business.

Both houses approved funding cuts of $5.7 billion from elementary and high schools and community colleges; $2.8 billion from state colleges and universities; $2 billion from health programs; and $1.2 billion from the prison system.

The budget also takes $1.2 billion from social services and tightens eligibility rules for CalWORKs, the state's welfare-to-work program. It also adds oversight to the In-Home Supportive Services program providing aid to the elderly and infirm.

"This is not an easy budget. It is a tough budget but a necessary budget," Schwarzenegger said Friday afternoon. "Today California commits itself to a government that is sustainable."

Exhausted lawmakers squabbled over budget details from early Thursday evening to Friday afternoon – only to finish up by leaving the state about $200 million in the hole.

After originally planning on plugging a $26.3 billion budget gap, the governor and legislative leaders were counting on a $24 billion final package that included a smaller budget reserve of about $900 million.

But $1.1 billion in that $24 billion plan vanished when the Assembly rejected the oil drilling and gas tax proposals.

"We've lost our reserve and are in negative territory," said deputy finance director H.D. Palmer. As a result, he said, the governor's staff was looking to identify line-item veto cuts "to use blue-pencil authority to get back to as reasonable a reserve as we can."

But some Democratic Assembly members, invoking images of oil-drenched waves poisoning wildlife and soiling the beaches of Santa Barbara, refused to accept off-shore drilling.

Assemblyman Pedro Nava, D-Santa Barbara, said reopening a dormant oil rig for 30 new wells could threaten the California coast "with more and bigger spills" than the 1969 blowout from a Union Oil platform that unleashed 3.3 million gallons of crude petroleum in "a crime against nature" and "a catastrophe on a national scale."
Yup it was a hot button issue, but can you hear a bomb ticking:rolleyes:...TJ

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
This is in the Orange County Register tonight

Worth the short read...

July 24th, 2009, 3:17 pm · 18 Comments · posted by Dena Bunis, Washington Bureau Chief
It’s more than a year before Sen. Barbara Boxer will face re-election but already one national poll has Republican hopeful and former corporate chief Republican Carly Fiorina only 4 percentage points behind the incumbent Democratic senator.

The Rasmussen Report has Boxer and 45 percent and the former Hewlett-Packard CEO Fiorina at 41 percent. In March in that same poll Boxer led Fiorina by 7 percent.

In fairness, March’s Field Poll had Boxer at 55 and Fiorina at 25.

So far Fiorina hasn’t filed a statement of candidacy with the Federal Elections Commission, which means she hasn’t raised or spent $5,000 on the2010 campaign yet.

B oxer on the other hand is ahead of her own fundraising six years ago. She had $5.4 million cash on hand as of June 30th. This time six years ago she had $3.1 million.

Boxer’s campaign strategist, Rose Kapolcyznski says if Fiorina ends up getting the GOP nomination they’ll plan to raise between $25 million and $30 million because Fiorina has the ability to put lots of her own money into this race.

Orange County Assemblyman Chuck DeVore of Irvine would also like the Republican nomination but he hasn’t raised much money as of yet. DeVore had $75,663 cash on hand as of June 30th. DeVore has a strategy though. He’s picking issues and then running fax campaigns to get people fired up about them.

Kapolcyznski said they are gearing up for a tough race and believes that the tough economy could be making voters frustrated and looking to incumbent lawmakers for answers.

TomJeeps

Reaction
Oil drilling is not a popular issue for sure, but the Democrats going back to 1969 gees and yes I do remember that, but it wouldn't hold a candle to this more recent incident

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exxon_Valdez_oil_spill

The Lefty Tea party
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/19/INQF16HUUP.DTL

Ether it's getting drilled or it's getting tanked take you pick, Devor will have something to throw at them next year, when we go though this State budget fiasco all over agian...TJ:rolleyes:

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
I like this one
Assemblyman Pedro Nava, D-Santa Barbara, said reopening a dormant oil rig for 30 new wells could threaten the California coast "with more and bigger spills" than the 1969 blowout
More of the same scare tactics. While I am not a big fan of offshore drilling, kinda like windmills in your backyard, some cases its a necessity. This guy can fan the flames of what "might" happen. In this case, I think Ca. could certainly use the revenue from drilling. Better than turning counties into legalized dope dealers IMO.

Reaction
In this case, I think Ca. could certainly use the revenue from drilling. Better than turning counties into legalized dope dealers IMO.
So you disagree with GWB's assessment that the US is addicted to oil, Marc, or with county health boards' association with the Pharmaceutical Industrial Complex? :D

TomJeeps

Reaction
I just can't believe (well actually I'm not surprised) that after all this they left a $1.1 Billion Dollar gap, a few years ago we had a surplus and all we ever get from from Democrats is people waving Bloody or Oily shirts...TJ:p

Havasubud

Reaction
I want to let everyone here on RDC know that I am exploring the idea also of running against her. We need to get back to grassroots govt. Where the govt serves the people, not rule the people. We need "nobody's" to come in and challenge the current regime and upset them. Sitting here reading the purple section, I find that everyone is fed up with the way things are headed. It doesn't matter weather you are a Dem or a Republican, we are all sick and tired of it. I will be an advocate of the desert, and for our off road lands to stay open. I think that we should be allowed to explore and have fun. What most people not involved in our sport think is that we come in for a race, tear up the desert and then leave on hell of a mess for the rattlers and lizards to clean up. Maybe one of those mysterious desert tortoises might show up to help clean up. What they don't know is that we respect our desert and clean up after ourselves. We stay on course and don't tear up much of the vegitation.
I will be posting in the purple section updates, and I will also be sharing my ideas and ways to implement them. My main issues are just like everyone elses: Health Care Reform(not how the current group wants, Immigration Reform, Welfare Reform and Social Security Reform. I know I am a long shot, but we voted for "Change" in November, I just didn't get the change I wanted. I am looking to bring real Change in Washington, and I challenge you in other states to follow suit. If enough of us run against these Senators and Reps when they are up for re-election, things will really change. If you want to read more, see the thread in purple....2010 elections.
Thanks for your time,
Earl Pike Jr
Corona, Ca

baja619

Reaction
Ill vote for anyone that is not a professional politician and has Real American's interest in mind.

As far as Boxer goes... Cant we just GHB her, shave its head, take a bunch of incriminating pics of her doing cocaine with a midget dressed up with a club the seal T-shirt,
and send to TMZ right before we dump her in Tijuana?

The dumazzs of CA consider TMZ a legitimate news outlet...!

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
I got to hear Chuck DeVore speak at a TEA party rally in San Juan Capistrano today....then speak to him briefly afterwards. Solid upstanding character, and I asked him if he would stand up to preserve our OHV lands. He said that this is one of his priorities, as an avid outdoors man himself. I would suggest that this man gets your endorsement as well. Sorry Earl, I love what you stand for as well, but I ain't gonna go fishing for a great white with six pound test.

http://www.chuckdevore.com/index.asp

Havasubud

Reaction
I have decided that for me to run right now might take away from any momentum Chuck DeVore might have. I also think that my timing is not right. Trying to enter a race this late in the game might have negative effects. So, in short, 2012 might be a better bet for me. Look out Diane.

MMS

Reaction
I want to let everyone here on RDC know that I am exploring the idea also of running against her. We need to get back to grassroots govt. Where the govt serves the people, not rule the people. We need "nobody's" to come in and challenge the current regime and upset them. Sitting here reading the purple section, I find that everyone is fed up with the way things are headed. It doesn't matter weather you are a Dem or a Republican, we are all sick and tired of it. I will be an advocate of the desert, and for our off road lands to stay open. I think that we should be allowed to explore and have fun. What most people not involved in our sport think is that we come in for a race, tear up the desert and then leave on hell of a mess for the rattlers and lizards to clean up. Maybe one of those mysterious desert tortoises might show up to help clean up. What they don't know is that we respect our desert and clean up after ourselves. We stay on course and don't tear up much of the vegitation.
I will be posting in the purple section updates, and I will also be sharing my ideas and ways to implement them. My main issues are just like everyone elses: Health Care Reform(not how the current group wants, Immigration Reform, Welfare Reform and Social Security Reform. I know I am a long shot, but we voted for "Change" in November, I just didn't get the change I wanted. I am looking to bring real Change in Washington, and I challenge you in other states to follow suit. If enough of us run against these Senators and Reps when they are up for re-election, things will really change. If you want to read more, see the thread in purple....2010 elections.
Thanks for your time,
Earl Pike Jr
Corona, Ca
Bud, I can't believe you voted for the Karaoke Kid.

Havasubud

Reaction
Bite your tounge Walter. Them's fightin words. There is no way on God's green earth that I would have ever! ever! ever! voted for that arrogant guy.
Obama-I believe in DC he's known as the Karaoke president

MMS

Reaction
Bite your tounge Walter. Them's fightin words. There is no way on God's green earth that I would have ever! ever! ever! voted for that arrogant guy.[/QUOTE
Good deal --Sorry, mis read your post--are you guys coming to the 250?