• Forum membership has its advantages....

Possible Scam?

aiiraciing

I've gotten this message for multiple parts that I'm selling on here. I tried to respond to the 1st 2 emails and received the same message back, so I deleted the next few, I've now gotten 5 identical email's.

This message from: richardson.jeff20@yahoo.com to ( ad # )
Hi,
Im writing you in regards to your offroad part posted on race-dezert.. ls it still available for sale? if yes, do get back to me with its most recently taken picsand the last price while i standby to receive your response and have a wonderful and productive day ahead...
Thanks!!

Klaus

Administrator
not only possible but obvious scam.

Moving thread to "Look out" section.

JWK Motorsports

gotten this one as well for my truck that sold over a month ago and says sold everywhere on the add haha. it amazes me that some people out there would really just start giving out their info to a response like this.. at least i now know why we have the president that we do..

aiiraciing

I got another one, this time I've gotten 4 exact same emails in 1 morning for the same part

This message from: matthew_bullard45@yahoo.com to ( ad # 32184 )
i am interested in the purchase of the Off Road Parts ..i will like you to get back
to me with the below information..
1.Last price
2.if you accept money order or cashier check as the method of payment??
3 are you a private seller
4. the recent pics of the item.
Awaiting to hear from you.
Thank you

PDANK Racing

That site is hilarious!

WORCS332

I've gotten this message for multiple parts that I'm selling on here. I tried to respond to the 1st 2 emails and received the same message back, so I deleted the next few, I've now gotten 5 identical email's.

Hi,
Im writing you in regards to your offroad part posted on race-dezert.. ls it still available for sale? if yes, do get back to me with its most recently taken picsand the last price while i standby to receive your response and have a wonderful and productive day ahead...
Thanks!!
I got the same email... only thing is he responded asking what the price is again? what should i do

PDANK Racing

gotowww.419eater.com and follow their lead. Or I'll ask them questions about their rig or something that shows they know what their talking about.

orbot

Thoose mofo's still doing their **
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!**???
Beware all those emails with name+number@yahoo.com its always thoose **
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!**s..... one i even recieved a check from them, $250 bucks for some **
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!** i was selling... i always have a good laugh when i tell them to fu.. of and go .............................. themselves they always get mad like if they had the right to get mad....hahahaha

elmariachi

Hi,
Thanks!!
I've gotten this same email when I tried to sell some parts on RDC.

Best bet is to ask them what parts exactly they're emailing you about. Usually they send out so many of these emails they have no idea what they emailed you about in the first place. They just cut and past the same message into hundreds of emails and hope they snag one sucker.