Post your favorite photo from Baja!

swiftracing5

Reaction
I feel like that Mike's photo has been buried deep for years with no intention of seeing the light of day. So awesome. Already sent to LJ, killer kimono for sure.

ScoreUnlimitedRacing

Reaction
The Black Death

Attachments

• Safer off road.jpg
    Safer off road.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 227

swiftracing5

Reaction
IMG_1245.JPG

2016 Baja 1000 Prerun. Stopping for more oil and tacos in Valle T, go figure. Picture could be out of a time capsule.

Co-rider backed out a week before the race, Dad had already done his section a week before but he said "ill go with ya"
It was our signature loop, no chase help just my pops and I. Park at El Palomar, run course from San Vicente to Mikes, down to Borrego and do that loop, adjust rear bars of course, take course into Ensenada and finish prerun. Take the hour drive south back to el palomar while nodding off at each red light. Get a good nights sleep and dad wants to do the coast 1 more time. 30 miles in we land from a jump and snap rear bar. Back home we go.

That was an epic race, a lot of life long friendships started at that race. We didnt even win but it felt really good.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
IMG_2897.jpg

I love photos from this spot but unfortunately have no idea where it is.

Can anyone tell me the location?
By the looks of it, it looks to be on the pacific side near San juanico?

I’ve only ever made it to San Ignacio on the race course

jeepspeedcom

Reaction
My least favorite Baja photos. Night before the race the boys were in the bar....1995 Baja 1000 San Ignacio Don-A-Vee Motorsports Goodyear teams pit. Seven 55 gall barrels of race fuel!!!! Total loss semi, tools, spares fuel etc. The Herbst family helped us rebuild a pit to service all the Goodyear Teams. We had 2 jeeps and 2 Kias in the race. They all made it to LaPaz after this fiasco.

Attachments

• baja fire 1.jpg
    baja fire 1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 335
  • baja fire2.jpg
    baja fire2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 337
  • baja fire3.jpg
    baja fire3.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 333

Bro_Gill

Reaction
My least favorite Baja photos. Night before the race the boys were in the bar....1995 Baja 1000 San Ignacio Don-A-Vee Motorsports Goodyear teams pit. Seven 55 gall barrels of race fuel!!!! Total loss semi, tools, spares fuel etc. The Herbst family helped us rebuild a pit to service all the Goodyear Teams. We had 2 jeeps and 2 Kias in the race. They all made it to LaPaz after this fiasco.
I remember that. We were on our way back up to El Arco from are prerun to San Juanico that night to get in the car the next(actually 2 days) later (class 11!) at El Arco. What a disaster. How many fires have there been in San Ignacio from the races?

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
View attachment 212765

I love photos from this spot but unfortunately have no idea where it is.

Can anyone tell me the location?
By the looks of it, it looks to be on the pacific side near San juanico?

I’ve only ever made it to San Ignacio on the race course

Great spot! DP12 cover and poster photo by Getsome Photo. @ace_photo
Dezert_People_12.jpg
dezert_people_12_poster_web.jpg

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction

JDDurfey

Reaction
Finish line of the Baja 2000! My friend Eric and I. I was a zombie at this point. 44 hours to complete the race and I chased the whole thing in a little Nissan pickup. Eric rode from Uruapan to Catavina and again from La Paz to finish. You can read all about our adventure on my website LongviewRamblings.com. Look under the "Racing" tab where a 9 part Baja 2000 is located. I have a few more pictures posted there.
6_11_09_scan18104210.jpg

Longview Ramblings

92OCHO

Reaction
Baja mil x2
Damn.... that was fun. I was just an invite in a chase truck, but what a great time
V drive trophy trucks 😳