• Forum membership has its advantages....

Post your old race photos!

Well heres a weird one. Back in the 80's and 90's video game graphics weren't the most impressive. So many companies would purchase the rights to photograph real cars (particularly for racing games) and slap them on the box. Perfect example is this cover which is undeniably the Simon and Simon trophy truck
150984-4-wheel-thunder-dreamcast-front-cover.jpg

5280Ranger

A few more random shots. Who remembers following along as Rick Sieman built Big Oly 2 in Off Road Magazine? He had another build, I think it was an Isuzu Trooper? Anyone remember that one?

Attachments

A few more random shots. Who remembers following along as Rick Sieman built Big Oly 2 in Off Road Magazine? He had another build, I think it was an Isuzu Trooper? Anyone remember that one?
I remember, Garman Fabrication built it. The bummer about that build was it was all mild steel and way too heavy. The Isuzu was before Big Oly i believe , after Big Oly was the Ex-cab F-150 .

yup here it is. big oly 2.Very cool looking but heavy, slow, and had one weakness. Instead of a normal 3 link or 4 link rear it had....well... You know motorcycle and ATV swing arms? Now imagine that on a fullsize truck. Now imagine it twisting. It was a fatal flaw in its design that would cause the swing arms to crack, and eventually break, overtime.

oooo.jpg
big oly II.jpg

bullnerd

Growing up in NJ, Off road magazine was THE ONLY way to get info on pre runner builds!

I remember reading about big oly II. Weren't the Summers brothers involved?

I couldn't wait to get the next issue to see another cool pre runner! lol!