• Forum membership has its advantages....

Post your old race photos!

Zac Reish

1990 thru 1998, HDRA, SNORE, LaRana, MORE and MDR, Mike Thomas told me that my chassis had the most races on it of any Chenowth he knew of, and it has lots of wins, 5 were overall in a 1650cc class 10 configuration. When I purchased what Jim from trackside had of my past exploits none were this car, only older Funcos, my Protruck and other Protrucks I drove for other owners and my TT. I still have this Chenowth in almost raceable condition. It is by far my favorite car i have ever raced. Thanks
Why don’t you post a photo of the car you have. Might help

landshark

I have been going through boxes of family hand me downs and came across some old racing photos that I suspect my step brother took at some point. Not sure if they have been posted before, but I will post up what i have as I scan them. I know these were probably taken in California, suspect a Riverside race, not sure the year but I am sure one of you out there will know. Photo quality isn't great and I have to experiment as I scan each one to get acceptable results.

Attachments

jon coleman

I have been going through boxes of family hand me downs and came across some old racing photos that I suspect my step brother took at some point. Not sure if they have been posted before, but I will post up what i have as I scan them. I know these were probably taken in California, suspect a Riverside race, not sure the year but I am sure one of you out there will know. Photo quality isn't great and I have to experiment as I scan each one to get acceptable results.
wow, evan my subaru got mo droop....how much travle does that chevy got??

TheWarWagon

Yeah, that's pit lane at Riverside.

David K

My first off-road race (to watch) was the 1973 Baja 1000 (Ensenada to La Paz, via San Felipe). I was 16 and my dad and I camped a few miles past Ojos Negros. The pavement ended near there and the race was on the older road alongside the new highway under construction. Mickey Thompson didn't pass tech inspection the day before so he drove (towing his race truck) to the same place and camped by us to watch the race. Enjoy my Super 8 movie with 70's style era music:

Last edited:

David K

In 1979, the first year SCORE ran the Baja 1000 to La Paz, I was a co-driver in a Class 6, Datsun 510. The owner drove the first leg (to San Matias) then I was to drive to El Crucero as my first leg. Sadly, we blew out the differential only a few miles outside of Ensenada! It was a great experience, however. This photo was taken a few days before the race as we were doing a test run. The owner (sitting next to me) was Skip Ylhainen.
1979 Baja 1000.jpg

In 1979, the first year SCORE ran the Baja 1000 to La Paz, I was a co-driver in a Class 6, Datsun 510. The owner drove the first leg (to San Matias) then I was to drive to El Crucero as my first leg. Sadly, we blew out the differential only a few miles outside of Ensenada! It was a great experience, however. This photo was taken a few days before the race as we were doing a test run. The owner (sitting next to me) was Skip Ylhainen. View attachment 201466
Got any photos of the 510? I regret selling the one I had years ago. They are worth a ton of money now.