• Forum membership has its advantages....

Post your old race photos!

David K

Got any photos of the 510? I regret selling the one I had years ago. They are worth a ton of money now.
Only the one I posted (#619). I didn't stay in contact with Skip (the Datsun owner) much after the race. I think his wife had just about enough of his hobby. That she had to drive back to Ensenada the next day, to rescue us, was about all that she could take! Thank goodness that the race trailer was still hooked up to the Wagoneer. I guess we expected to drive the race car back to Escondido from La Paz (it was street legal, but very loud).

TNT race photo

big fan of the 510 owned a few over the years always like to see a nice offroad or rally version , heres mine
100_0001.JPG

David K

I am sure I shared these before, but didn't see them in this thread??
Parnelli Jones just returning to his trailer pre-running the 1973 Baja Sports Committee (BSC) Baja 1000, the day before the race (Ensenada to La Paz via San Felipe and Bahia de los Angeles):

After checking out the racers on registration and contingency row, we drove out past Ojos Negros to camp next to the race course, just after the pavement ended (Nov. 1973)... Mickey Thompson camped out next to us as he did not pass his own (Score) rules, that BSC adopted! So he came out to watch at that place, as well. I posted the Super 8/ YouTube movie I made there (a couple pages back in this thread).

David K

One more... Dick Russell, his mechanic was co-riding...

David K

Another race in Baja with another famous Stroppe Bronco...

David K

The Parker 400, around 1980, Turtle Mountain Pit, California loop, Mickey Thompson having issues.

David K

One more from the 1973 Baja 1000, the day before the race... I got a photo of what was the overall winner... Johnny Johnson and Bobby Ferro's Class 1 single seat:

David K

The first Score Baja race, July 1974, The Baja Internacional program:

We were at Mike's Sky Rancho, where a mandatory 1 hour down time made it the busiest pit of the race! I recorded times the racers arrived...

ACME

Was this car a 16 converted into 10?
No. Kent built & raced this car with Gene Gripentrog (RIP) as a shop/test car. Super light, slightly narrower track width, handbuilt Lothringer internal BP CO's, DG300. It was very light with everything was built with weight/longest travel/balance in mind and it was a testbed for the A-Arm cars Kent built including the DARPA 4wd car. It felt very quick and nimble like a typical Lothringer and over the years has won a lot of races and run near the front. It continues to race today with updates