Post your old race photos!

Bredbaker

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Formula Desert Tires.jpg
How about a vintage ad from Formula Desert Dog tires? Photo Courtesy of Don Barlow

Josh 8

Reaction
I remember that. It did look smooth. But as I remember 10 miles later he was at the end of a rope. I don’t know for sure but a Ford was probably at the front end of that rope too making all that much more worse.

jon coleman

Reaction
every time i came up to that ' wall' i would rap the Sht out of my eng and go as fast as possible, saw the wheel a little bit, get every one salivating, then threshhold brake, & purposely get No air and putt over it, then get going again, naa naaa na naa na naaaa

Honda48X

Reaction
Ok watching that video and seeing all that, what are your guys thoughts on shock technology and how many of those vehicles would have made a good landing and continued on if they had the current technology and set ups?

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Ok watching that video and seeing all that, what are your guys thoughts on shock technology and how many of those vehicles would have made a good landing and continued on if they had the current technology and set ups?
No comparison, old school was just that!!!

jon coleman

Reaction
my never tested&set up right by pass bling shocks were 10, no 1000 times better than my semi valved right smoothies, except for the ANNOYING noise, nothing compares to modern,properly set up shox, to all you newbies, invest in Good shox& get somebody who knows how to set them up out on a testing day, one day is all it takes and your lower back will thank you!!ps, on the question of would modern shocks help, on the baja bugs& 16 cars?, i think thats just part of the allure of the rear engine race car😮

Last edited: