• Forum membership has its advantages....

Post your old race photos!

If I had my

If I had my wish I’d LOVE to have the old JIM Cocores class 5 unlimited. I loved the colors, style and gold anodized aluminum. The 3.0 air shocks were killer although they never worked they way they wanted them to. Photo credit Centerline Photo....

View attachment 191558

View attachment 191557
Thanks for sharing Rory!!! I was and still am a Class 5 addict. I had this photo spread along with the Class 5's of Greg Diehl & Brad Person, Al & Jeff Jordan, the Klawitters, and the Larry Bitcon owned Yellow hardtop driven by Vinje & Hansen cut out and glued to poster board all over my room. Great days and great times!!! IIRC, the Cocores car later got Curnutt's and the Madison's campaigned it very successfully.

Great thread guys and thanks Curtis for starting it!

Mike

I’m too young to have any of my cars qualify, so here are some of the Cars my dad wheeled back in the day. He owned the white 5 car and won a couple la rana titles. The 7S truck is still out there, owned by mike Horner. His bug ended up somewhere east I think and it was painted red. Some of the Cars pictured were owned by Jerry penhall, bob miller, brady helm, Scott flamson. Truly grateful for the path he’s paved for me to stumble my way through.

View attachment 191567
View attachment 191568
View attachment 191569
View attachment 191570
View attachment 191571
View attachment 191572
View attachment 191573
View attachment 191574

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app
Great stuff!!! Used to race against all of those cars except the 7S with Craig Dillon. Great times! I know I must be old but I don;t feel that old LOL. Keep 'em coming!

bhernquist

Thanks for sharing Rory!!! I was and still am a Class 5 addict. I had this photo spread along with the Class 5's of Greg Diehl & Brad Person, Al & Jeff Jordan, the Klawitters, and the Larry Bitcon owned Yellow hardtop driven by Vinje & Hansen cut out and glued to poster board all over my room. Great days and great times!!! IIRC, the Cocores car later got Curnutt's and the Madison's campaigned it very successfully.

Great thread guys and thanks Curtis for starting it!

Mike
Mike: Here’s one from the Mint in the mid 1990s.... I’m pretty sure you were co-dogging... Fun times!
3DE579C9-5156-46AF-A400-F07F1879083F.jpeg

5280Ranger

It was around 1980 that I was heading back to Caliente with my parents. I would have been 9 years old. We happened to be shopping in Vegas the same day as the Mint 400. We were stopped at the highway 93 road crossing for cars to pass and I begged my parents to let me out to watch. They gave me 5 or 10 minutes and that was all it took. Hooked for life. I remember watching baja bugs like this go by. Man that brings back some memories!