• Forum membership has its advantages....

Potter

Sheaco

there was a thread awhile back. I don't think it was to flattering either. Sorry I can't help anymore.

ChrisW

A good friend of mine has and it was a fairly sour experience...blown (lied to about) deadlines, incorrect fab (rac & pinion mounted offset in car) and so on...you can pm me for his contact info for more details...

MYERS 01

I have known Raymond for over six years. He has helped work on my car in the past. Raymond has always done an awesome job. I think the new cars that he is building are top notch. First place at Terrible’s Cup has to say something.

Since you know Ray do you think i should really be worried that my car is over do a year and a half and its 90% paid for? I appreciate your feed back..

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
Since you know Ray do you think i should really be worried that my car is over do a year and a half and its 90% paid for? I appreciate your feed back..
wow, major bummer. that truely sucks. good luck getting your car racing soon.

MYERS 01

I don’t know your particular situation but most car builders take over a year to build a turn key car. It is usually not the car builders fault. When building a new car you have to deal with so many venders. If just one vender is behind they can hold up all progress on your car. I would not be worried. Keep in contact with him and try to set a deadline. Every off-road car builder right now is on back order.

EOR1488

I don’t know your particular situation but most car builders take over a year to build a turn key car. It is usually not the car builders fault. When building a new car you have to deal with so many venders. If just one vender is behind they can hold up all progress on your car. I would not be worried. Keep in contact with him and try to set a deadline. Every off-road car builder right now is on back order.
Thats true but I belive he said a year and a half PAST the deadline? In the off-road industry communication and customer service are very very important. So I hope for him this is not common. Anyways I have no right to past judegment but was it a year and a half or a year and a half past a preset deadling?

bajabigdog

I was talking to a couple of guys in La Paz, and he had a bro that "WAS" having a car built by this guy. WOW what an experience. bottom line is he paid 50 or so grand and had a couple of seats to show for it after 6 to 8 months. Constant lies about the progress, he would show up unannounced and he would be shown someone else's car that was no where near what he ordered, he was trying to get his money back, wasn't having too good of luck, I don't know how it turned out.

Ive heard a couple of stories like this. The market is going to (is) slow down, the big bucks from seconds on homes is gone and the market is sliding along with the boat market, and its guys that don't perform and are good enough business men to plan for slow times will be around.

I ordered a Potter car 2 years ago. What a nightmare! The car took 1-1/2 Years to build, I was told 5 months. After countless Lies and BS, it simply was the fact that he had NO Money to build my car, because MY Money built the car 5 customers ahead of me. You know, like a Pyramid Scam. I personally know of 4 other customers, all the same strory. One of the customers actually had to go to court, and yes, he won. After I finally got the car, there were several problems, including electrical, steering geometry, shock set up, etc. He Refused to fix anything. I took the car to a reputable builder to fix all the problems, then sold it, while I still could. My car never even touched the dirt. Iam shocked he's still in business.

hobie164

We just had a rolling chassis built by potter and he missed the delivery date by like a week or so. Delivered everything perfect. My friend did the same thing last year and had an awesome experience with him. His car works very well and I am pumped to get ours done.

FTW MIKE

I have known Raymond for over six years. He has helped work on my car in the past. Raymond has always done an awesome job. I think the new cars that he is building are top notch. First place at Terrible’s Cup has to say something.
Well,Ithink he has that dude by the carrot, I guess when your car is basically paid for I guess he not feeling to pressured to finish to get paid, as for a first place at terribles, Ross was bobbin and weavin all over, even if you wanted to pass him he was takin up the whole coarse.

PS you owe me a couple of beers bro, i had you as the dark horse to win! Im out 20 clams because your Porter couldnt pass his Sandrail I mean Potter!

fathead

Gee Really? :rolleyes: ......Hobie164? .......

HI Raymond. :eek:
HAHA!
Thats funny right there, I was just about to point out that whenever these types of threads come up, there is always a new poster that signs up and says " Oh this guy built my friends, cousins, roommates, brothers car and it was the best ever"