• Forum membership has its advantages....

Potter

under2

I ordered a Potter car 2 years ago. What a nightmare! The car took 1-1/2 Years to build, I was told 5 months. After countless Lies and BS, it simply was the fact that he had NO Money to build my car, because MY Money built the car 5 customers ahead of me. You know, like a Pyramid Scam. I personally know of 4 other customers, all the same strory. One of the customers actually had to go to court, and yes, he won. After I finally got the car, there were several problems, including electrical, steering geometry, shock set up, etc. He Refused to fix anything. I took the car to a reputable builder to fix all the problems, then sold it, while I still could. My car never even touched the dirt. Iam shocked he's still in business.
Exactly what is happening to me. Now iam alittle more worried specially since the real estate and loan market have crashed the orders for these cars will drasticly decrease.

under2

Well its been more than a month since last contact with Raymond. I have left several messages and not a call back. The car should have been delivered May 2006. The frame is powder coated, it has seats, brakes, radiator and thats pretty much it.I have retained an attorney. If i end up with the car unfinished can someone (honest) help me finish it?

HDRA1

The Godfather
i hate hearing things like this i understand suppiers do make it tough i know somtimes parts are on backorder but there i always other things that can be done.
if it was my money on the line i would be showing up two or three times a week and see what parts he has bought and take pictures (not a digital camera though the pics dont hold up in court)of all of your parts down to the brake lines inventory them.then start askin were are the other parts and ask for his purchase orders to see what else he has bought if he is an cough cough honest man he will be more than happy to work with you and give you real answers or even better if you have a cop buddy to go with you in uniform that wakes them up real quick

jamminjeff10

Under2, PM me and i will get you in touch with a good builder, he is local to you in Chula Vista also.

Fusion Designs Racing , Will not mention any names, but we have first hand experience repairing a paticular chassis that was broken in half under normal use. We pride ourselfs in customer service and quality. We are not back loged, and can repair your car , help you with any questions , and even build you a new car! We also prep. Check us out at www.fusiondesignsracing.com ...

ChrisW

Under2...pm me & I'll put you in touch with a great guy that could finish your car...at a reasonable price...

Drop Off

Fusion Designs Racing , Will not mention any names, but we have first hand experience repairing a paticular chassis that was broken in half under normal use. We pride ourselfs in customer service and quality. We are not back loged, and can repair your car , help you with any questions , and even build you a new car! We also prep. Check us out at www.fusiondesignsracing.com ...

"Broke in HALF":eek:
That was probably a potter car that his cousin Tyler welded.:confused:
My welds looked liked chewed bubble gum...

bajabigdog

I have known Raymond for over six years. He has helped work on my car in the past. Raymond has always done an awesome job. I think the new cars that he is building are top notch. First place at Terrible’s Cup has to say something.
Yea right, what did he make you for dinner??? Bragging about finishing a race when people are waiting for years for a car tells a great story....this guy has to go.:mad:

bajabigdog

Has ayone had a car built by Raymond Potter (Potter Productions)? Do you know of anyone who has?
If you had any brains you would start legal proceedings NOW..this insult to the industry will not be around very long, and I would start proceedings to get your money back NOW before the bank buys a few padlocks!!!:mad:

Drop Off

According to the Anaheim District Attorney. If you continuously break Verbal agreements. (Cars being 1 year or more late) it is considered Fraud with possible Jail Time.

NIKAL

I saw in this months Dusty Times that someone placed a 1/4 page add looking for anyone who has bought a car, or has any info regarding Potter Productions.

That cant be a good sign!

ChrisW

Well its been more than a month since last contact with Raymond. I have left several messages and not a call back. The car should have been delivered May 2006. The frame is powder coated, it has seats, brakes, radiator and thats pretty much it.I have retained an attorney. If i end up with the car unfinished can someone (honest) help me finish it?
Under2, have you gotten anywhere with this scumbag....

Desert Empire Racing

Kinda of a weird dude. Good Luck!!!!

Tavoracing3

robert ross has one, and he got 3rd at lv 300:D also...he won terribles cup 3 (class 1) yeaaah!! puro baja sur :cool:

under2

Any news on what happend?
Its been a nightmare. I got a roller in my garage. He still ows me some serious $ but at least i have something. I spoke to the guy that bought the 1/4 page ad on the magazine and he is out some 65k and i saw his car, i mean frame last week. We will probably be talking to the Orange DA pretty soon. Meanwhile my car needs,engine,transmission,cvs,axles,shocks,lights,front calipers,seat belts,radiator,fuel cell and shifter. I want to start buying things little by little first with the shocks. Where can i purchase kings preruuner 3 bypass and coil overs? Any feed back will help.

xjchaser

what a bummer I hope you can get your $$ back without having to go legal just can't figure out some people and their lack of ethics good luck