Powder mountian motocross

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
This is the best natural terrain MX race in the planet 75 degrees 8000 feet elevation in the mountians I raced this race the LAST time they had it in 1984 took a second behind some dude name of jim holley. Anyhow it is this weekend promoted by none other than jeremy megrath [or however you spell it] in powder mountian ski resort [eden utah] www.powdermountain.com/motox It will be a good time for all.

BGRANT

Reaction
Saw a poster at Maverick the other day. Was thinking about checking it out. Can't race due to my foot, you going?

Powder Mtn. is a great place in the winter. Never crowded, cheap snow cat and deeeeeeep powder!

peezy

Reaction
Bad A

BGRANT

Reaction
Jeff, did you go? I couldn't make it but I heard it was great on Fri. and Sat.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
Just got home it was a real nice track the promoters thought they were going to have around 400 riders per day they had over 900 it was a zoo. they also figured on around 2 to 3 thousand spectators they had more like 5 thousand i had to park dam near 1 mile away and walk to the pits [found out later their was a shuttle] all in all for a race that was a good idea 6 weeks ago they did a hell of a good job the rumor is that next year it will have more bleachers and the only people allowed to the top with a vehicle will be the staff,racers,sponsors,etc. I forgot how steep that road to the top was let me know if anybody ran out of talent on the way down their were alot of big trailers being towed by the usual crew cab 1 ton trucks but most of these goofballs had 38" or larger tires on them draggin a 40' toyhauler down that mountian. I was in the wifes crew cab half ton coming down the mountian in first gear and still had to stab the brakes more than i liked.
As far as results Mr Magrath won everything he raced in Godfrey from the nitro circus crew broke his back their were alot of people that were racing that really should not have been their. I would have called you but i had brain fade and left my phone in my truck and we took the wifes ride It's ALOT cleaner and is not all covered in blood and animal parts. I got my deer shall we say [75 MPH with the right side headlamp then it bounced down the ENTIRE right side of my truck]. Anyhow I'm tired and going to go set on the deck have a beer.

BGRANT

Reaction
Wow, I heard that Friday was packed. That is horrrible to hear about Greg Godfrey. I hope he is going to be OK. I heard that the helo was busy Friday and Saturday.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
The first person has already died driving down the mountian. It was a motorhome pulling a 24' trailer and smoked the brakes killing one and putting 2 others in critical. this really sucks people when they say first gear and SLOW they mean it.

"FACTORY"

Reaction
I was at the event all four days. The track was on the dangerous side in some sections and it was hard to maintain because of the soccerball size rocks less than 12 inches below the silt! haha Tanner Krahenbuhl ( 16 from Las Vegas ) was the person who passed away in the accident. The motorhome pulling a trailer lost the trailer brakes ( which caught fire ) and eventually the coach brakes as well. They were passing people going down the road doing 65 mph +. No other vehicles were involved and the driver did an amazing job at keeping others safe. unfortunatly, Tanner was ejected and pronounced dead at the sceen. Tanner was a top amatuer rider that was contracted to race by the prestigeous Honda of Houston Racing. He recently won a championship at the NMA Grand National Champiship in Ponca City Oklahoma. He also had won 3 titles at the 2009 Powder Mountain Motocross. Tanner will be deeply missed by all those who knew him and loked up to him. Please keep his family in your prayers.

GOD SPEED TK125

BGRANT

Reaction
I was at the event all four days. The track was on the dangerous side in some sections and it was hard to maintain because of the soccerball size rocks less than 12 inches below the silt! haha Tanner Krahenbuhl ( 16 from Las Vegas ) was the person who passed away in the accident. The motorhome pulling a trailer lost the trailer brakes ( which caught fire ) and eventually the coach brakes as well. They were passing people going down the road doing 65 mph +. No other vehicles were involved and the driver did an amazing job at keeping others safe. unfortunatly, Tanner was ejected and pronounced dead at the sceen. Tanner was a top amatuer rider that was contracted to race by the prestigeous Honda of Houston Racing. He recently won a championship at the NMA Grand National Champiship in Ponca City Oklahoma. He also had won 3 titles at the 2009 Powder Mountain Motocross. Tanner will be deeply missed by all those who knew him and loked up to him. Please keep his family in your prayers.

GOD SPEED TK125
Very sad to hear. Prayers to the family.