Powder Puff 2008????

ThisSideUp

Reaction
The congressman for the Barstow area (zip 92311) is:

Howard P. "Buck" McKeon
California 25th District

Here is the link to his website:

http://mckeon.house.gov/

One call from a congressman's office in support of the race is better than 100 letters to the BLM office. I would bet if MORE were to explain the situation they could easily get some help on this.

Best of luck!

bumpstop

Reaction
Has anyone actually verified the accusation?

That is what I am wondering....this all could have started with a speculation and now it has blown up into another bash MDR issue....how do we know 100% for sure that it is Patricia/MDR? I have no idea....but anything like this is going to fire people up and make them very angry...so I hope we are SURE.

Fourstroker

Reaction
That is what I am wondering....this all could have started with a speculation and now it has blown up into another bash MDR issue....how do we know 100% for sure that it is Patricia/MDR? I have no idea....but anything like this is going to fire people up and make them very angry...so I hope we are SURE.

Jim @ MORE posted the info himself. It did not come from a "Source". The quote on page 1 of this thread was exactly what he said and he later confirmed that his schedule already had BLM approval including the PP race. A protest by the other local promoter (There are only 2) is what has brought this on. Draw your own conclusions.

9rocky

Reaction
Has anyone actually verified the accusation?

Read what Jim posted on the MORE site...

"Yes there are 6 Competitive Race Event allow for each promotor.

And there are other events for Rock Crawlers, motorcycle, 4 wheel clubs and Charity Events.

I went to the BLM to see if this could be a Charity Event which they allowed.

Now the complaining is that we have 7 races now, the other promotor has 6 races in this area and 1 race in ridgecress and my understanding 5 in the Plaster city area. that is 12 races

I don't get it if the BLM feels it is OK what is the problem?? This is a damn good cause."

I would say this verifies the accusation.

scott-dsms

Orange
Reaction

Well, the post that started this thread was copied from the MORE board (originally posted by Jim) and I don't think he is making it up. Jim is a stand up dude and has better things to do.

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Reaction
Smells like someone stepped in something nasty!

sqrly1776

Reaction
I'm a big supporter of the powder puff race and support MORE anyway I can, I think the location and date of this race are perfect where they are. My question is why don't we go back to Ridgecrest in September like we used to? Wouldn't it be nice to run another track, I really like Ridgecrest.........

But then again what do I know, I've never paid an entry fee..........

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
Website
DurkaDurkaPhoto.com
As soon as you pull your head out of her butt cheeks and see the light of day come over to MORE and we will be there with open arms.

I have no affiliation with either organization and your statement is way out of line.

I was just curious if it had been verified which it appears it has not been. From what I can see its just one persons statement. I not saying its false but I would think something this big would have additional sources.

PLS

Reaction
It is like political double-talk. She can honestly say they are not protesting the Powder Puff race, just the number of events. Just ignore the fact that the extra event is a charity event.

skoooter

Reaction
"One call from a congressman's office in support of the race is better than 100 letters to the BLM office".

Absolutly!!!!!

Uncle_Bob

Reaction
Write your letter NOW, it's way more effective than a phone call and not 2 weeks from now and make sure you SIGN IT and have contact information for them to reply to you. I've already talked to them and they will be ready for your letters.

Please start you letter with:
Dear Congressman Howard P. “Buck” McKeon

In regards to: MORE vs the BLM and the Charity Off Road Race for Cedar Sani Women's Breast Cancer Research Center.

Keep your letter simple but effective.
Buck is very busy with all the fires here in our home town and the office is aware that these letter are going to start flowing in.

Address it to:
Congressman Howard P. "Buck" McKeon
Santa Clarita Office
26650 The Old Road
Suite 203
Santa Clarita, CA 91381

9rocky

Reaction
I have no affiliation with either organization and your statement is way out of line.

I was just curious if it had been verified which it appears it has not been. From what I can see its just one persons statement. I not saying its false but I would think something this big would have additional sources.

Jim at MORE is the most honest, pro racer, anti drama person there is. If he says that during discussions with the BLM regarding the 2008 schedule that this came up, then you can take that to the bank. There is no debate over whether this happened or not, just that everyone needs to know what transpired.

uffda1309

Reaction
I'm a big supporter of the powder puff race and support MORE anyway I can, I think the location and date of this race are perfect where they are. My question is why don't we go back to Ridgecrest in September like we used to? Wouldn't it be nice to run another track, I really like Ridgecrest.........

But then again what do I know, I've never paid an entry fee..........

I know I will be crucified, but why doesn't MORE schedule a Ridgecrest race as a normal event and change a Barstow event in October to the Powder Puff Race for the Cure? I do not have all the details, but to me it seems that this is getting blown out of proportion. There are reasonable solutions and we are getting involved in name calling and bashing. I did not race the Powder Puff Race for a Promoter, I raced for Breast Cancer Research. Please do not demean the race with bashing.
Clare Ross

Fourstroker

Reaction
I know I will be crucified, but why doesn't MORE schedule a Ridgecrest race as a normal event and change a Barstow event in October to the Powder Puff Race for the Cure? I do not have all the details, but to me it seems that this is getting blown out of proportion. There are reasonable solutions and we are getting involved in name calling and bashing. I did not race the Powder Puff Race for a Promoter, I raced for Breast Cancer Research. Please do not demean the race with bashing.
Clare Ross

Clare,
Racing in Ridgecrest is a viable option and I'm sure it would happen if need be. The question is how and why did all of this come about if the BLM had already approved the 2008 Schedule including the PP Race.

I myself would race in Ridgecrest to ensure that you ladies have a race of your own. My wife and her friends had an absolute blast!

uffda1309

Reaction
Clare,
Racing in Ridgecrest is a viable option and I'm sure it would happen if need be. The question is how and why did all of this come about if the BLM had already approved the 2008 Schedule including the PP Race.

I myself would race in Ridgecrest to ensure that you ladies have a race of your own. My wife and her friends had an absolute blast!

If you look, the BLM did not approve the Power Puff Race, on the schedule that was posted on MOREs web site. He can still have a Ridgecrest Race, and an October race in Barstow. Last year the Powder Puff Race was scheduled for Ridgecrest. This would not get the entries, and support that we get in Barstow. If we all support the Ridgecrest race, in force, then there would be no problem, as far as I can see, with a charity race in Barstow. Maybe change a MORE Sept date to October in Barstow.

Only my 2 cents worth. Lets find a solution we can all live with.
Clare Ross

David_Girdner

Reaction
Website
www.3GRacing.com
Clare,

I agree 100% Kevin.

Ridgecrest is a great place to race but historically has been less popular with racers and draws fewer cars in both series as it's more logistically cumbersome (tech/hotels/gas 20+ miles from the course) than Barstow or Lucerne. MORE with a ton of help from volunteers and sponsors have a great charity event; it would be a shame if they had to move a regular race to a less popular location in order to keep putting on the PP race.

wstephens

Reaction
I am very discouraged by this turn of events. I wish I could have everyone hear the things my mother (tearfully) related to me about what this race meant to her. She is a breast cancer survivor and this event meant more to her than I could ever explain on this forum so I will not even attempt it.

Having said that, I don't know a lot about promoting races or what has to happen for an organization to get approval from the BLM to put on a race but here is what is floating through my feable mind;
Could we create an organization solely for the purpose of promoting the Powder Puff race? - I think yes.
Could this organization get approval for one race per year in the barstow or Las Vegas area for that matter? - I don't know but I think yes.

This could do a number things;
1 - Let MORE have it's normal points race series whithout loosing the powder puff race.
2 - Give the newly formed organization a better chance of getting approval from BLM
3 - Possibly enable many promoters to TEAM UP to assist in the event (PP RACE)
4 - Reduce any friction / resentment towards MORE from other promoters.
5 - Possibly create an affiliation with a charity in direct support of breast cancer awareness and cures.
6 - Set up pledge sheets that would enable participants to go out and solicit pledges for a dollar amount per mile or lap. ( $10 per mile completed / $200 per lap completed.)
7 - I'm sure there are other advantages that have not yet come to mind.

I Don't Know,..... But these are my thoughts. I am more than willing to assist in any way possible to preserve this Wonderful Event!

The pictures below are pictures of a Woman, mother and Wife. The sparkle in her eyes is something I havent seen for MANY years......

Attachments

• Anticipation.jpg
    Anticipation.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 138
  • Excited.jpg
    Excited.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 128

9rocky

Reaction
Since everyone agrees that this is a wonderful event that has touched peoples lives and raised money for a good cause, then why change anything.

The issue here is, that is was approved for 2008, then something changed that.