Power for pwm fans

Fifty

RDC Crypto
The bold above is direct from spal.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
sorry, but NO you dont need a PWM signal OR a relay to run these Spal brushless fans.

there are four wires, two STUPID oversize power and ground and two small control wires.

with a simple toggle switch, you can control it either by switching 12v OR ground, you also connect one control wire to 12v from the switch and the other to ground. the fan will soft start once power or ground is applied. i have no idea why Spal used such large wire....the last set i installed they were big 14 or 16 inch fans that had 8 guage wire feeding them. they pulled about 10 amps. 16 or even 18 would have worked depending on how your run is.

in your installation, i would have wired up both fans to constant power and ground and you should have been able to take the PWM signal to both fans and it should work fine. ust make sure to ground the second control wire.
Not all brushless fans are 4-wire. 3-wire is a different setup and I believe Fifty has the 3 wire fans.

Fifty

RDC Crypto
Oem is 3 wire. And the oem harness is 3 wire.

the spal fans are 4 wire but spal directed me to only run 3 wires. My 16 inch spal brushless works fine once I inverted the signal in the vehicles tune via hptuner

you actually have to swap the yellow and white pin in the new fan. The signal wire is in the opposite position. IIRC the other wire is a diagnostic wire and not a trigger... some pics:

Attachments

• 06C71F9F-BF86-4BFA-9467-A45AD85FA60C.jpeg
    06C71F9F-BF86-4BFA-9467-A45AD85FA60C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

Fifty

RDC Crypto
I feel like I should earn a phd in making brushless fans work on genv gm vehicles.

what a giant S show just to make it harder for people to modify their cars.