Practice In Rialto

Greg

Reaction
Just a reminder that we are having open practice at ROR this Sat (april 19). Its open to just about any vehicle as a way to get on the course and see what you think. There are no times or competition, just a chance to get you and you truck out there. We have kept the fees as low as possible to make it feesable for everyone. Its $5 for everyone through the gate and $20 for two sessions of two laps each, we'll have 3 lap sessions if time permits. You can always buy more sessions if you want. By having 2 tries out there you can time yourself and then run again to see if any changes worked for you. We are working on getting a food truck, but as of now I'd sugest bringing a lunch, or getting some mid day, there is every fast food joint within a 3 mile radius. The way it will work when you sign in you get 2 tickets, one for each session, if you dont use your other ticket, you can give/sell it to someone else. Everyone will get a pace lap to get a bit familiar with the course, you can also walk it in the morning. The course will be groomed about every 20 trucks, and should be really nice all day thanks to the rains. After you run your first session, you can get right back in line to run again or just wait until you're ready, like I said, no pressure. The track is just like it was for d-day, but it's much faster/smoother now with better shaped jumps and built berms, and the track is wider the whole way. There is also a pretty good whoop section in front of the spectators now. Gates open at 7, practice starts at 9. All the rest of the info is at prerunners.com. Thanks...Greg

Greg

singlehanded

Reaction
So who all going. I am going to be there with my ranger testing out my new c4 transmission built by culhane. Is there a certain time that drivers must be there by? I got to work till midnight fri and would like to sleep in a little. Since some of us cant post on the prerunner section lets get everyone whos going on this thread.
thanks,
John

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
We will be there taking some stills for the site.

Go Big - make frontlines.

Greg

Reaction
Here's the latest news. Gates open at 7:00, drivers meeting and stuff around 8:45, practice starts around 9:00. Since there are no classes or competiton, you can run anytime during the day, you just get in line. Im not sure how many trucks will be there, im guessing around 50-60, but its only a guess. If only a handful of people show up, we'll just run more laps and have fun. Yes John, you can sleep in, the track and the "rules" are pretty easy to observe, im not worried about much going wrong on sat. We DID NOT get a food truck, so bring lunches and drinks, although there is fast food near by and pepole can come and go as they need. We ask that the beer stay home, this is public property and the law sees it as such. You drink at your own risk, and we cant allow beer in the venue, so if you want to bring it in, please hide it. Also, all drivers and passengers must have helmets! We are not requireing cages for practice days, but they will be required for the race days and for the big jump at the jump contest. there are alot of weeds growing out there, bring allergy medicine if they'll bother you. Ill be out there the next couple days, feel free to stop by if your in the area and take a look at the track. Ill answer any questions here in the evenings. Thanks...Greg

Greg

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I'm pretty sure i'll be there to spectate and film.

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

redline

Reaction
greg as of right now i am going to have the yota there tomorrow.
devin

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Klaus and I should be there around 9am. Dezdude (fotofanta) should be there around that time and full pull will be arriving at 7:00am

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
I think as long as everyone is having a good time it will / can go until dark?....7 ish.

Monday thru Friday my truck hauls tile...Sat & sun it HAULS ASS!!!!!!!!

drtdevil93

Reaction
that was fun!!
highlights:
the ORW truggy, it was flying
greg hitting the first whoop section at speed, wow.
pete giving me a ride in his ranger, damn.

thanks jen and greg for another fun day at rialto.

erik

redline

Reaction
thanks greg and jenn again. the course was great and it was a good time running the trucks andhanging out for the day. anybody have any videos or pics up yet.
thanks
devin

sweetdevil

Reaction
WHOAAAAA
Holy crap that was fun...
Thank you SO much Jen ang Greg, awesome time. Broke my brake lines, drivers side shock, kinda messed up my fenders, got some pretty harsh road rash on my leg from the fiddy, and had to drive home brakeless, but it was soooo worth it! Awesome time! Thank you DrtDevil, Pete, and redline for helping me fix my truck!!! Dezertacoma and Klaus, where' the videos?? Greg, I am sooo envious of your truck, you rocked that whoop section that everyone just avoided.

<font color=red>Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over</font color=red>

orvacian

Reaction
That was the most fun you could with your clothes on! I was so close to calling in sick to work from the track!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by orvacian on 04/19/03 08:53 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

elcaprerunner

Reaction
I had a great time as usual in Rialto. Too bad not that many trucks showed up, but it was a holiday weekend, and also a big Glamis weekend too. But the people and trucks that were there put on a great show, especially the truggy and Greg haulin through the big woops and getting on two wheels at the turn of the usual start/finish line. The woops at the start were a great addition to the track ( I think me and Pat proved that, hehe), and will hopefully be an exciting spot come raceday. And I was glad to help out too, part of the reason it made it so fun IMO.

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by elcaprerunner on 04/20/03 00:09 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

Greg

Reaction
First ,Iid like to say it was another fun day in Rialto because of the help from some great folks. Russ, aka full pull, aka BGR, and Aloha Jeff, thanks for working the gate and being so dilligent up there. Eric, aka elca, and Alex, for being our course workers and hanging out on the track all day. Tim Duncan, aka DMZ Fab, for doing staging and for all the help between races, we couldnt do this stuff without you. Pat K, for being my test pilot/ pace car and all the help between races. Chuck Strange, for doing re-con and being the pace car, if your gonna get towed, it may as well be a rolls towing you. Kris Geyer and Ashley, for making sure the cars left the track at the right spot and for generally stick around to help out. And to Belden an JJ for keeping peace amongst the masses, and keeping an eye on the track. And thanks to Jeff' s friend, for showing me that its my fault, not the tractors, that i cant groom the track very well. And to the family, Ada, Mo, and Bobby, thanks for your help.
It was a good day, the turn-out was a bit smaller than expected, but it was fun and everyone seemed to have a good time. The Santa Ana winds were blowing and that meant i have to be very weary of how much dust gets created because it blows back to the airport, normally, the winds blow away from the runway and we could've run more. I think everyone got at least thier full amount of laps in, except Rhiannon, sorry again.
How bout some feedback on the new whoop section, will it be good to incorporate it in the first lap of the time trails race? And how do the jumps look for Junes jump champs?
And finally, thanks to John and Klaus for keeping up the board, its the life-line for our sport.

Greg

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Greg and Jen. Thank you for yesterday. My daughter and I had a great time hanging out, it was like an mdr race without the long drive it was perfect. I look forward to coming events and getting the blazer out there when its done to have some fun.. I have to say huge props to Gabe for taking his ranger off the pavement and actually getting it on. I can no longer talk trash and he proved that his money was spent at the right place. Now that he has tested it and Nestor can watch the video, it can be valved right and he will be quick. Not bad for out of the box though.. I was impressed with all of the trucks yesterday Just goes to show you that you can have fun with whatever you have and you dont need to spend a bagillion dollars to have a good time.. Duffco Dan charged the whoops everytime in his Yota.. That was cool. Greg your bicycle in the corner had me grabbing my daughter 200 yards away and running.. Just Kidding baja slider.. Thank guys, It was also good to see a lot of the readers of RDC out there. Tyson thanks for the invite, if I did not already have my own planned I would have went back to your house.. Next time..

Tyson

Reaction
Thanks Jen and Greg! I had a great time out there. I bent a couple tubes. . .and found out that its time to relocate my clutch and brakes and I need to limit the travel so the truck doesn't look like its doing jumping jacks through whoops.

Pete I'll be hitting you up this week to work on those shocks cause I'm lost in that department. and I'll be getting the front coils and air bumps this weeke as well so that I can take it to Ocotillo in 2 weeks.

Thanks again.

and Bel well making me want a fiddy even more.

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>