Prairie City Test

billymanfroy

Reaction
Calling all race fans.

We'll be testing at PC this Sunday 8/24. We're going to do it in desert trim with tools, spares and 33's, so it should be interesting. Don't know for sure what time we'll get there, but you can PM me and I'll give you all our numbers so we can stay in touch. And, no, we're not using the V6 yet.

Bring beer.

Billy

NORCALf150

Reaction
ummm well, heres my story, tires got slashed the other night, this morning bought new 35's all the way around so maybe i should go test my lap times agian??? hmm think ill load up the cooler and make a trip billy pm me or call me with the times ill falow you up.....james

NORCALf150

Reaction
ahh what a long day, pc was great, i wanted to say thanks to billy and all the guys that help him out, you guys made us feel like we were part of the crew and i still have a huge ass grin.....james

billymanfroy

Reaction
James,

Not a problem at all. Glad you and Chelsea could make it, and I'm glad the truck held together so everyone could get a ride. It was a long day though, we didn't get home til after 11:00.

We're still smiling too about how well it drove in desert trim on the short course! Tom said my best time was a 1:13.8 with 33s, +4" ride height, two spares, jack, spare driveshaft, spare tie rods, spare fluids, and that weak-ass motor stumbling through every corner! I just wish we could have gotten them to water the course so we could have had a race with everyone and see what times we could really pull. The dust was WAY too bad for that. We still might go back to an aluminum head since this one was such a problem.

I'll see you at PC for the races!!

Billy

billymanfroy

Reaction
Hey James,

Thanks for the pics. Too bad our incar camera died...

We figured out the carb problem. Remember when we were messing with the accelerator pump to help the off-idle stumble? Well we brought it home and took the carb off and the acc. pump lever was twisted out of the way so it was getting NO gas when we cracked the throttle. That's why it kept dying when taking off and why it was so hard to start also. Sounds a lot better now, but we're still not sure about that cam.

Oh yeah, and the sway bar bushing worked its way out so we have to fix that ASAP.

I'll let you know what happens at the race.

Billy