Prairie City this weekend

Big_Rich

Reaction
Great racing, great weather and great sportmanship, I'm enjoying Off Road Racing more and more each event. Next is the Yerington race, I have per-entry forms available, we wil lbe sending out another mailer this week. I also have the forms available and can e-mail them if you wish.
Thanks for making this a great experience for me and my family.

Results will be forwarded to Billy Manfroy this week and I woulf think they be up on the board shortly after that.

Rich Klein

www.vorra.com

billymanfroy

Reaction
Rich,

What a great time!! You really did pull off a miracle with ordering up the weather... It rained on us on the way home.

Sorry I missed you after the race. I will email you for the results and lots of other stuff, I'm sure.

Thanks again for a great event.

Billy

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
The action was great yet again. Those Class 10 drivers stepped up and I couldn't even write my notes fast enough to keep up. I can't wait until I start writing about it and see the action in pictures.

curt

Reaction
Hey Rich, about that starting area......Needs to be a couple of days wider and could use a bit more length before the first corner. Of course we also need to go more than 15' before causing a large bottleneck in what we do have....

I was talking to my ranger friend at PC and he asked what we wanted to do with the track since he believes the park has the funds now to make improvements and they want to change the track if we give them some input....It's a good opportunity to get the first track facelift in many years.

I'd also push for more bleacher seating at different locations around the track like at the bottom hairpin and over by the oaktree by the bike park side. Of course some serious safety measures would have to be taken and I'd assume that the park would probably like more than 4 events a year to offset the expense...I'd also push for some kind of permanent or removable sprinkler system for track watering even if it was in just a couple of places like the hairpins an maybe the S-turns.

Maybe we could get some people with an artistic bent to make a track layout of what we have and start compiling a list of improvements we'd like....We need to name the corners something so when we start complaining er I mean suggesting we can all know what part of the track we're all talking about...

I'm going to check my data logger and see if it did the whole track map thingy as was advertised, I'll let you know if it's any good...Curt

VORRA Class 7

J_Dog

Reaction
I totally agree with Curt on the widening of the land-rush start area. It was a mess in both of the Class 7 heats. I talked with a couple of the other drivers in our class and they seemed to agree. It's wide enough where we line up, but it narrows very quickly, causing everyone to pinch each other off very quickly. We lined up behind the main line in the second heat and stayed out of trouble, but the first heat we got pinched off by both trucks to either side of us so we backed off and stayed out of trouble. Maybe doing two lines by starting order, either qualifying or drawing, would help the situation. You could run 4 and 4 or even up to 5 and 5, if you have 10 in a class. Racers who arrive on Sat. and tech./reg. should get priority to those who arrive Sun. morning. You arrive Sat. and you get front row.

Also, I like the idea of some new track configurations. It's nice to change it up a bit. We were looking forward to racing the extended track last weekend. It was great to see all the people stay until after the jump contest. Just my $.02.

billymanfroy

Reaction
J dog,

Careful for what you ask for... Remember double file starts?!? I guess most of you didn't race then. Patty and Fred are the only ones I can remember racing then. If you didn't like this weekend's starts, you'll HATE double file starts! Two rows on the landrush might help. That's the only alternative if we can't figure out how to get things settled down. I liked qualifying setting the grid, too, but that's a lot more work for VORRA.

You mentioned something important, though. Maybe everyone should just try going straight for a while. Whaddya say? Go DOWN the track instead of ACROSS it! For example: If you start on the outside, then YOU'RE ON THE OUTSIDE going into the first corner. If you're not clear, you have to steer to the outside of the track going into the corner... NOT chop across 8 trucks to protect the inside. It's really very simple. The same thing happened to me last month, too. And don't think I didn't get screwed for minding my own business in the first start. The only person behind me after we all took off again was Patty (on her lid), and Oscar was already to the far hairpin. I've got lots of body damage from both motos, a bent bumper, and tire marks on my hood!!!

Perhaps we should use lime and chalk out lanes between every moto. It's much more fun to let someone go and then catch up to them in 2 laps than it is to rebuild your truck.

Here's a link to our first crack at it Sunday on video... Please excuse the cussing and the dirty lens. It's still uploading, so you might want to wait until about 2:45pm

Billy

http://www.hepcoblue.com/Videos/PC_042703_redflag.wmv

curt

Reaction
I'll do bodywork before I ever suggest going back to the drawn number double line stuff again. I was thinking we could move the start back another 30 feet or so and widen the lanes so they more gradually force you into the people around you. Even if we found a way to cross the track for the start it might still work. We've got 4 months to come up with a workable plan. Double rows 4x4 based on qualifying wouldn't hurt my feelings at all but I'm sure some of the guys would be unhappy. Qualifying if done should be for both moto's though, no inversions like last year, it takes all the reason out of qualifying to start in the front and then the back, your might as well sandbag to try and get in the middle for both moto's. Curt

billymanfroy

Reaction
Yeah, I guess that's exactly what I'm saying... NO DOUBLE FILE STARTS. Let's just get it together so we can keep he land rush and use our heads. Amen, brutha.

Billy

chevycagal

Reaction
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Doah........... Rough start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just slightly...

And it won't let me attach the file even though it's small enough... doh...

Ok fine, then I'll link it...

curt

Reaction
Might you have any more pics from that mishap? Maybe a second earlier when its on it's way over? How about with the truck sideways just before impact? I'd love to get any you have for us #769, even ones with the tires lower than the roof.....Thx, Curt

chevycagal

Reaction
That's all I have for that mishap. I was standing by the jump and I looked over and saw it and took a shot. I didn't think it'd even come out being so far away. I think Steve Sullivans brother was out there taking pics, and he got it... least I think that is who he was. I meant to get his number but forgot... maybe someone else has it...

Hey, your and Patty's email bounces back when I try to send you guys anything. Both the emails listed in your profiles and the ones on your website don't work. I tried it from my AOL addy and my yahoo addy. I have several pics I tried to send you the other night but had no luck...

curt

Reaction
Our email addresses have junk in front of the domain name(website address), look at the email address and get rid of the removethis or nospam_ in front of the website address, keeps us off the autospam robot address lists...We have dsl so you can send us as big of files as you wish...Thx, Curt

J_Dog

Reaction
I didn't race with the double-file starts, but was spectating back then. I don't think they were very good and hopefully, we won't go back to those. More of what I was trying to say, was like last year, we did the land rush with front and rear rows and I don't remember as many clusters. I absolutely agree, people should respect their lines and not cut across the track or totally pinch off (also read: badly damage) the trucks next to them. Rubbing/bumping some is racing, but thrashing the other guys truck sucks. I would rather see everyone get onto the track from the land rush start area and then race for 8 laps. The race isn't going to be won in the start area, most of the time.

Driftin

Reaction
Hey I have an idea , we could paint arrows on the ground so everyone knows which way to go....