Prarie City Advertising

flyingford

Reaction
Just noticed that the car count was sown at hawthorne. I know that advertising is eveything in racing so I would like everyone to try to put the word out on every off road site we can. I would like to see if we can get some of those guys that run goldendale and the northwest races to come out.
Thanks

TRXSonoma

Reaction
Yep, I just got my new dirtsports and was happy to see VORRA listed in the race schedule section in the back. But VORRA/PC definetly needs more advertisement, I think there are a lot of people into this stuff up here, but know one knows about it.

I noticed one of the speed technologies class 1s showed up to hawthorne which is pretty cool I think and hopefully having a big team like them racing in VORRA (if they continue to do so) will draw in more people.

flyingford

Reaction
Posted on class 11 coalition and got a couple of them said they may come out. You should get a hold of those guys and see if we can get them out. Also maybe post on other associations. I know a ton or bore guys came out for fallon. The problem is not the fans the place was packed the last few times up the but the car count. Pretty good the first race but was pretty bare second race.

Everyone keep working on getting teams out there. Maybe email teams that have websites and invite them out

THanks

Ziggy

Reaction
How about a few well placed free adds on Craigslist in a couple of cities.If you can make some fliers I will circulate them around San Fran,Oakland areas.
If we had the fliers we could put them in a lot of parts houses and speed shops.
Just an idea.

flyingford

Reaction
Hey good idea,
I know there were fliers made up in the spring and put in parts houses and we had a huge turnout. Maybe we need to contact the vorra crew and have them get us some and volunteer to put them out.

TRXSonoma

Reaction
anybody remember when the Xtreme 4x4 tv show did a little thing on Prairie City? It was back in 2006.

9Iron

Reaction
''Tuff Trucks'' wrapped up their season on the 11th.
A couple of them ran in Sportsman with VORRA in the spring.
Do you think they may return?

flyingford

Reaction
Ya we should see if they have a website and forums and post there. THat guy in the red jeep was really fast.
Send a email to extreme 4x4 and see if they would be willing to come back out and do another segment. Hell challenge them to bring one of thier rock buggies out to race!!!

y2kbaja

Reaction
The best advertising for getting spectators is 11x17 posters at all the local race shops and parts stores. Bugformance, Tognittis are visited by all kinds of car guys. Contact Wes and have him either print up some poster ads or have him work on a poster document that he can send you to print out and then get them up.

I heard a rumor that a certain LOORS promoter may be at the Nov1 race scouting a new location for his series next year.

BCGIrish

Reaction
Tristan and I were talking about this too. I think channel 31's morning show came out like 10 years ago one morning the week before the race and some of them got rides.

Joe and Craig on 98 rock in the afternoon are pretty big gear heads and I'm sure if someone offered them a ride they'd talk about Vorra.

RacrDude

Reaction
One other thing to consider. There are 2 signs out there on the road. A road with LOTS of traffic. One of them says in GIANT letters "ROCK RACING" with a BIG Date. Gets my attention and I can read it...

Then there is another sign out there with

"sdvcnqvcnanvl snc.NMV'ldanfv'lnsdldfjqlmjvl'dsafnl'fwbmsopdkmf;amv'lam'lfmdhkxmqaf"

.....ALL kinds of stuff that driving by means NOTHING. It can Not be read. Maybe if you know what it says... People don't care about bla bla bla.

Tell them.....

OFF ROAD RACING
BUGGIES-TRUCKS- ATV's
OCTOBER 31
VORRA.COM

A changeable date on that sign is Easy and Affordable...

james916

Reaction
I do not have the fastest or best truck but i would give up the passenger seat in the name of advertising!
Let me know if it would help out!

flyingford

Reaction
Hey
Was just watching top gear and I had the bright idea to invite Top Gear out and challenge the stig to race one of our drivers it would be a great race. What do you think of that idea?

ColoradoZQ8

Reaction
Hey
Was just watching top gear and I had the bright idea to invite Top Gear out and challenge the stig to race one of our drivers it would be a great race. What do you think of that idea?

JMO, but i don't know how that'd work in the show unless they tried to do some sort of capt. slow vs. (some derogatory label)

What about "Vorra.net" stickers? w/ "offroad racing" underneath the title and run them on your DD.

I would think that every competitor started off as fan?

y2kbaja

Reaction
JMO, but i don't know how that'd work in the show unless they tried to do some sort of capt. slow vs. (some derogatory label)

What about "Vorra.net" stickers? w/ "offroad racing" underneath the title and run them on your DD.

I would think that every competitor started off as fan?

I beleive Vorra decals are available at the Vorra store at the races. You do have to admit, the SCORE stickers are catchy and seen on almost every vehicle of off-road interest, including mine.

ColoradoZQ8

Reaction
I beleive Vorra decals are available at the Vorra store at the races. You do have to admit, the SCORE stickers are catchy and seen on almost every vehicle of off-road interest, including mine.

I don't think i've seen a score sticker. I'm new to this whole thing.

TRXSonoma

Reaction

Ive been to 4 vorra races and have never been able to find out where to get stickers:(