Prayers for Bruce Ogilvie's family

deleted

----
Reaction
Bruce was a true innovator and somebody that helped take the sport to a new level. I have several friends that road for Bruce, they all said his preperation for any race was amazing, it seemed that every time Bruce's team went to a race, 2nd place was not an option.

Godspeed Bruce

Fourstroker

Reaction
Huge bummer. Met him a few years ago Pitting the OLD GUYS Team at the Glen Helen 24 hours. Ran into him a few times after that. Seemed like a great guy. Definitely a legend and innovator for what the reliability he brought to Honda and Kawasaki before that.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
GODSPEED Bruce! Prayers said for the family. I never met you but heard and read many great things.

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
Reaction
Definitely a legend. Godspeed!

randy s

Reaction
very sad. i feel badly for his kin and aquaintences. life's just too damned short. it does'nt seem fair.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Almost twenty years ago Bruce paved the way for me to get back into Baja and off-road motorsports as a pit crew member and later a pit captain in Baja for American Honda. His quite inspiration and trust in me for a "cannot fail mission" was a major milestone in my life and something I will never forget. That stint with Bruce re-sparked a passion with me that sustained my interest while living in Hawaii for 7 years after. During that time, I hatched Off-road.com to create an avenue back to Desert racing and Baja. The rest is history.

For me the superb example of a quite, humble, private, fierce and tenacious competitor that Bruce epitomized remains inspiring more than ever.

The perfect peninsula run awaits you in the heavens. You will be missed immensely.

Vaya con dios Bruce.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Bruce helped us out so much over the years. The race is over. The celebration begins. Celebrate his life and accomplishments and all he has done for so many people and the enormous contributions to our sport.

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
Reaction
bruce is good guys i will pray for his whole family and our desert assassins team will pray for bruce for sure !

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Reaction
I lost my mentor today ... so much I want to say but am at a loss for words.

To the fam bam - Cherish all of the wonderful memories! The one that sticks out the most was Izzy sharing pics of Thanksgiving south of the border!;) Those were the trips O really cherished!

Love,
Pinky Poodle ;)

Gabriel Garcia

Reaction
My prayers are right now with the family of Bruce, he be a warrior in Baja and a live legend, his lost is only one step for learn more about one true person, i know him in person like 5 years ago and i can tell only great things of Mr. XR´S.
Know his spirit is free in his Baja, the place of many great wins and memorys of him, Vaya con Dios, Bruce Ogilvie.

Attachments

zjohnson

Reaction
Godspeed Bruce, thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Thanks for making the sport of off road racing what it is today . . .

MIKEY CHILDRESS

Iron Mike
Reaction
For a long time I thought that Bruce didnt like me he didnt talk much and was always a super busy guy. I met Bruce when I was 15 and he told what I needed to do to become a factory Honda rider and he worked with me and molded me into the rider that he wanted me to be. He was such an important role in my racing. I will miss you Bruce and the races just wont be the same. This man is what made Honda so great in Baja building the best riders and best racing program ever....

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Vaya con dios amigo, you will be missed by all!