• Forum membership has its advantages....

Pre-Runner Trucks—There Should Be a Rule

sb4pro

Hard hitting stuff right there. I further propose that no one should be allowed to call their Trophy Truck a Trophy truck unless they've actually won a trophy with it. Same goes for Trick trucks. Until I see it do a trick, its just a truck in my book. There should be a rule.
Don't forget the YouTube posters that call pro2 and 4s trophy trucks or worse yet see a pro arena truck and think it's a TT lol

Last edited:

mfs

Well you got your bro- runners and then your got your pre-runners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fire1998

Does this count as a prerunner? Just picked it for a great price! Pick it up today to drive home. Truck is exceptionally clean and Those front HM billet arms are a work of art. Only thing truck needs is a 9" out back. Its got a new locker 8.8 axle on it but that wont be on truck very long. Mazzula did all the work on truck. Truck is caged front to back. Cage inside truck is all tucked away and you dont see much of it! Any horsepower tricks for the 4.6 other than programmer?

2002 Ford F-150 crew cab
4.6 V8
53500 original miles
K&N air filter
Front H&M front a-arms
Front 2.5 King coil w/ reservoir
Front Limiter straps
Front 3" King triple bypass w/ reservoir
Front Pro Am hubs 2"
Front brakes wilwood 6 piston
Front Walker Evans bead lock 17"
Rear Deaver leaf springs
Rear 2.5 King triple bypass w/reservoir
Rear King bump stops
Rear limit straps
New BF goodrich AT 35" tires
Spare tire
Mazzula off road built cage from front to back
Master craft seat (4)
Crow 5 point harness (4)
Momo steering wheel (removable)
2 optimum battery's
Light bar w/ four hid lights

Attachments

Last edited:

Baja Fool

Ha! Took my F-350 4wd 4 door long bed on a "prerun" lap at Caliente once...I don't call that a prerunner.
I call it painful.

TROPHYSEDAN

image.jpg
I pre ran in this. I even won a couple races. TROPHY SEDAN.

Blackmutt

Does this count as a prerunner? Just picked it for a great price! Pick it up today to drive home. Truck is exceptionally clean and Those front HM billet arms are a work of art. Only thing truck needs is a 9" out back. Its got a new locker 8.8 axle on it but that wont be on truck very long. Mazzula did all the work on truck. Truck is caged front to back. Cage inside truck is all tucked away and you dont see much of it! Any horsepower tricks for the 4.6 other than programmer?

2002 Ford F-150 crew cab
4.6 V8
53500 original miles
K&N air filter
Front H&M front a-arms
Front 2.5 King coil w/ reservoir
Front Limiter straps
Front 3" King triple bypass w/ reservoir
Front Pro Am hubs 2"
Front brakes wilwood 6 piston
Front Walker Evans bead lock 17"
Rear Deaver leaf springs
Rear 2.5 King triple bypass w/reservoir
Rear King bump stops
Rear limit straps
New BF goodrich AT 35" tires
Spare tire
Mazzula off road built cage from front to back
Master craft seat (4)
Crow 5 point harness (4)
Momo steering wheel (removable)
2 optimum battery's
Light bar w/ four hid lights
Not until you complete a lap. :)

JWK Motorsports

I see trucks advertised on all the time on Craigslist and RDC described as Pre-Runners. Many just have a cold air intake, bolt-on bumper & skid plate, fiberglass fenders, a bolt-on front suspension kit, Deavers and Kings. To me that’s not a pre-runner. There should be a rule you can only call your truck a pre-runner if you’ve actually completed a lap at Barstow, Lucerne, Primm, etc. If you don’t use your truck to pre-run, don’t call it a Pre-Runner!

1wayne

Pre Runners come in all shapes and sizes.
My first Baja 500 1977 or 78 can't remember we preran in a VW tunnel buggy over the Summit, a VW bug with a Baja kit on it and Chenowth 2 seat buggy with a swing axle. (all of the above has swing axles in them)

Anger Issues

Somewhere I have a cassette of me "pre-running" in my 1985 F-150... with basically a fuel cell,a bumper, and some crappy shocks... I was trying to call out turns and danger spots that I thought I would later document to allow me to co-dawg with my buddy Mike Coleman. The funny part is that the truck was completely falling apart and the bed sides were rubbing before they let go and it truly sounded like a 747 crashing repeatedly. It is SO funny to listen to. Toss in a few beers and the whole thing was too damn ridiculous! Gotta find that tape.

conejoracer

I "Preran" my first race in a bone stock 1987 Ford Ranger. The race was the 1987 Lucerne race. The High Desert 250? I can't even remember now, except for how damn rough it was!

Forty1Racing

Please refer to the Subaru Forester that just raced V2R, and drove it back home.

bajafox

Accepted
Preran a lap at the Primm 300 and my portion of the Baja 500 back in 2005 in my old 1999 Tacoma Xtra cab 4x4 with nothing but King coilovers. My portion of the Baja 500 was Simpsons...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

M_Solms

Milktruck.gif The Google Earth Monster Milk Truck was a fun pre-runner. I used it for V2R once,no flats.