• Forum membership has its advantages....

Pre-Runner Trucks—There Should Be a Rule

Tim Sletten

image.jpeg
We pre ran caliente in 2015 in a 2006 Range Rover on 20"s. Made it all the way around and of course the last down hill into town we lost a front air bag and nose skidded all the way down.

BHollander

Dam I guess since I have not technically preran a race in my bronco even though it has 3k+ dirt miles ill start calling it my bronco with body kit. I dont want to ruffle any feathers but this logic of actually prerunning a race is dumb.

Kyle D

Dam I guess since I have not technically preran a race in my bronco even though it has 3k+ dirt miles ill start calling it my bronco with body kit. I dont want to ruffle any feathers but this logic of actually prerunning a race is dumb.
So is the logic of bolting on white fenders and some 95% worn BFG race tires. There's gotta be some middle ground and further more some realistic common sense as to what people call their ride. I don't believe it was meant as a personal dig.

BHollander

So is the logic of bolting on white fenders and some 95% worn BFG race tires. There's gotta be some middle ground and further more some realistic common sense as to what people call their ride. I don't believe it was meant as a personal dig.
Not taken personal at all. Just being a smart ass lol. I do not care if people call their lifted silverado or ranger a prerunner that's their deal. I'm not offended by it at all and I can tell by looking at something if it is truly a prerunner or not or even remotely comfortable off-road.

mexgamer

Anything is a pre runner if you try hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You got that right! Me and my dad preran the 2003 Baja 500 from the start line to Ojos in a 2000 Chevy S-10... yes a freakin S-10! That thing only had 4 cylinders! The only thing that wasn't stock were the BFGoodrich All-terrain tires... but we made it! We got stuck only once, and that was because we had to pull over to let a TT through. I remember I had to go in the back to put some weight on the tire with traction.

nickybobby333

My dad and I took our family Jeep Grand Cherokee prerunning through Baja for three 500s. That thing has seen it all!

johndjmix

Can you call a stock raptor a prerunner?

How about the (was it Toyota or subaroo) that had the words "prerunner" on the side of a truck/vehicle?

--John

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

JaysinDesignz

I prerun a 2001 Silverado with a 6" rough country lift on it and rough country shocks.
I have had to pull out 100K fancy prerunners racing not walking on preruns.
And never get stuck in silt beds..
Oh and I usually have to replace front wheel bearings twice a year.

y2kbaja

This thread reminds me of this oldie but goodie:

YOU KNOW IT’S A “DISCO TRUCK” WHEN:

ü THE TUBING ON THE TRUCK LOOKS MORE LIKE A “JUNGLE GYM” RATHER THAN OF USE

ü EVERTHING ON THE TRUCK IS PEP BOYS SPECIAL

ü THE TRUCK IS SO STICKERED UP YOU CANT SEE THE PAINT

ü THE FRAME IS PINK

ü THERE IS A PROPELLER IN THE HITCH RECEIVER

ü IT HAS STACKED LIFT BLOCKS

ü IT HAS 38” TIRES AND STOCK DIFF GEARING

ü IT HAS A BAD BOY CLUB 20” DIE CUT

ü IT HAS A TRIPLE-DOUBLE CHROME ROLLBAR WITH KC LIGHTS

ü THE REAR BEDCAGE WITH 2-35’S SPARES ARE BOLTED TO JUST THE BED

ü THE BEADLOCKS AREN’T, JUST SOME “FAKE-LOCKS”

ü THE FAT CHROME SIDE RUNNING BARS ARE BOLTED TO THE BOTTOM LIP EDGE OF THE CAB

ü IT HAS A COOL “PRE-RUNNER” BUMPER WITH A SKID PLATE THAT HAS THE SAME APPROACH ANGLE OF A CLOSED GARAGE DOOR

ü HALF THE TRUCK IS AN ’88 AND THE OTHER HALF IS A 2000

ü IT HAS TO SLOW DOWN UNDER 5MPH TO GO OVER A 3 INCH SPEED BUMP

ü IT CANT TUCK ITS 37” PROJECTS IN THE FENDERWELLS

ü IT HAS A PRERUNNER LOOKING “LIGHT BAR” MOUNTED ON THE STOCK BUMPER AND IT WAS BOUGHT AT FABTECH

ü HE GOES TO SELL HIS TRUCK HE TALKS ABOUT HOW HE PAINTED THE CHROME BUMPERS TO MATCH THE TRUCK

ü IT HAS WHITE FENDERS AND THE TRUCK IS PAINTED

ü ITS GOT PULLED BEDSIDES TO FIT 31’S JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT

ü ITS GOT ANY “NO FEAR” STICKERS

ü THE FRONT IS LIFTED WITH A 6 INCH LIFT AND THE REAR HAD A LEAF TAKEN OUT JUST FOR “THAT LOOK”

ü THEN NUMBER OF STICKERS IN THE BACK WINDOW, NONE OF WHICH HAVE ANY OFF-ROAD SIGNIFICANCE, IS A HIGHER NUMBER THAN THE IQ OF THE DRIVER

ü IT CAME THAT WAY FROM THE DEALER

ü IT HAS A “UNIVERSAL FIT” FRONT PRE-RUNNER BUMPER WITH LIGHTS THAT ARE NOT EVEN WIRED

ü ITS GOT THE PSEUDO PLATED “TRAILING ARM LOOK” TRACTION BARS

ü THE SKIDPLATE HAS THE SAME THICKNESS OF A TIN CAN

ü THEIR SIDE WINDOW LEVEL IS AS HIGH AS YOUR RACE/CHASE RADIO ANTENNA

ü YOU LEAVE IT A HOME AND TAKE YOUR CHEVY TO THE RACES

ü THE BLACK SPRAY PAINT IS WEARING OFF SHOWING THE FABTECH BLUE UNDERNEATH

ü THE SPARE TIRE IN THE BED WAS FOUND IN THE DESERT AND IS THE WRONG LUG PATTERN

ü THE INNER FENDER WELL HANGS LOWER THAN THE GLASS FENDER

ü THE BACK HAS A LOWERING SHACKLE TO GET THE PRERUNNER LOOCK AND HAS AN INCH OF UPTRAVEL

ü THE LIFT BLOCKS IN THE REAR ARE TALLER THAT THE GROUNDCLEARANCE

ü IT HAS DUAL EXHAUST OUT THE BACK BUT ONLY 1 IS HOOKED UP

ü YOU CANT REACH DOWN TO THE DRIVE THROUGH ATM

ü YOU CANT GET THROUGH THE TACO BELL DRIVE THROUGH BECAUSE THE FAKE KC’S ON THE BED MOUNTED LIGHT BAR WILL GET SNAPPED OFF

ü ALL THE AFTERMARKET PARTS INCLUDING SUSPENSION ARE ATTACHED WITH GRADE NOTHING BOLTS AND SPLIT WASHERS

ü YOURS AND YOUR GIRLFRIENDS NAME ARE IN THE BACK WINDOW

ü IT HAS MORE INCHES OF LIFT THAN UPTRAVEL

ü YOU PULL INTO A HIGH SCHOOL PARKING LOT AND EVERY KID CAN NAME YOUR BRAND OF SUSPENSION

ü THE AMOUNT OF STICKERS EQUALS THE NUMBER OF OFF-ROAD LIGHTS THAT AREN’T EVEN HOOKED UP

ü THE SHOCK BOOT COVERS MATCH THE LIGHT COVERS

ü THE FRAME IS EXPOSED BY THE BODY LIFT AND YOU PUT STICKERS ON IT

ü THE WHEELS ARE WIDER THAN THE TIRE SIZE

ü IT HAS MORE CHROME SHOCKS THAN LUG NUTS

ü IT HAS THOUSANDS IN STEREO EQUIPMENT AND NONE IN COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT