Predictions for V2R?

9rocky

Reaction
Who are your picks to win Vegas to Reno? Here are a few of ours:

TT = Rob Mac
1500 = Parkhouse
6100 = Jergensen or Ray Griffith
7200 = Proctor
1000 = Biased, can't say who we want to win...

MTPyle

Reaction
I think Jergensen Is racing TT in a new Brenthal, not 6100. If that TT stays together he will be tough to beat.

I would say top 3 on TT is Jergensen, Luke, Bryce

Luke and Jason have been so consistent lately and that’s what you need at V2R. The guys that are on kill mode will suffer in this race.

for 6100 1st place will go to us. Hehe.

Mike

Andre

Reaction
Tough to narrow it down to one, in such a long desert race. Especially before qualifying.
So how about 3.

1000 Reid, Mcmullen, Fessler
6100 Craft, Hancock, Householder
1500 Johnson, Berri, Davis
TT J. Voss, Sourapas, Arciero

J Prich

Reaction
Let’s wait until after qualifying.

J Prich

Reaction
I think Jergensen Is racing TT in a new Brenthal, not 6100. If that TT stays together he will be tough to beat.

I would say top 3 on TT is Jergensen, Luke, Bryce

Luke and Jason have been so consistent lately and that’s what you need at V2R. The guys that are on kill mode will suffer in this race.

for 6100 1st place will go to us. Hehe.

Mike
But...Andy is coming too right? I can’t see leaving Andy out of any top prediction list.

MTPyle

Reaction
Andy took a race off. So the guys that ran Silverstate I think have an advantage.

everyone can’t be in my top 3. Haha. Fact is there are just so many top level guys racing this race it’s hard to pick. There are literally 15 guys that can win in TT. So my thought is the guys that are fresh and have been doing well recently should be at the top.

I would love to see Rob MAC on the podium but he hasn’t been getting it done against these young guys lately.

I think the guys with V2R experience and recent wins are in the best spot. Just depends on who paid off the desert gods this month. Haha

Mike

stephenrjking

Reaction
Prediction?

TT: 7 Menzies, second place
6100: 6122 Pyle, fourth place
UTV-Unl: 2963 Craig Johnson, 12th place. And at least one post on this board asking why there are so many UTV classes.
IM P: I don't know what this means; I predict that I will learn by Saturday. And I predict that despite the mental cost of typing this sentence being higher than just looking it up on BITD's website, I will find out on RDC and this bizarre misuse of effort will be worth it.
Snowmobile: I predict that I will say, "dude, there's a snowmobile racing this?"
Trophylite: 6063 Joe Fitos, DNF after running top five for 300 miles. Sorry, Joe. Oh, and that one guy will complain about Trophylite's management on RDC some more.
O-40 E: 711 Shakespeare, first place, picked only because it is the best name/number combination in the field. And with my name I have a right to pick on people who share famous names.
Jeepspeed 1700: 1706 Garzik, first place, second win on the run.
Jeepspeed 3700: 3708 White, first place (I feel really good about this one right now)
Family M/C: F2 Aguilera, first place (feel good about this one too)

RYAN COHEE

Reaction
Going to be hard to beat Rob Mac in the old 2wd but Clean air will be key. I bet 4 TT'S crash during qualifying and Rg gets the ringer .

Frank13

Reaction
Every year seems the top few qualifiers don’t stay out front for very long. My prediction whoever qualifies 5th-10th and has the cleanest day withs.

Either way with this much talent this year. Would be epic to see a bunch of trucks close on time coming into that last 20 miles of rocky goodness!

scottm

Reaction
Website
www.cemaz.com
I predict 110 F, followed by profuse sweating, cramps, dehydration and heat stroke. I use this salt and mineral supplement called Pickle Juice. It helps you hydrate before the event, and stops cramps during and after. Good luck everyone!

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
Since it is a night time qualifier and I have not seen which qualifying route we are using. Probably the same as always but BITD does change it up. I am reserving my picks. However Bryce, Voss and Dean always do well in this race. I predict BJ will not break. He has been much more consistent lately.

MTPyle

Reaction
In my opinion Apex is not a great test for V2R.

Doing well at Apex during qualifying is the opposite of what you need to win Vegas to Reno. The top qualifying guys just prove they can hang it out there and take huge risk. Apex awards risk taking, V2R awards consistency and patience.

Mike