Predictions for V2R?

EMS702

Rescue 1
I will also say that since the start and a few other places on this years route are new and different there me be some unpredictable outcomes. I will be at pit one which is new this year. I may actually have service and if possible will try to record and post the splits from the start to pit one.

EMS702

Rescue 1
In my opinion Apex is not a great test for V2R.

Doing well at Apex during qualifying is the opposite of what you need to win Vegas to Reno. The top qualifying guys just prove they can hang it out there and take huge risk. Apex awards risk taking, V2R awards consistency and patience.

Mike
Have to agree here. But now the risk taking has a new element which is night racing. I know with today's lighting options it can seem like daylight ahead of you but the shadows hide some mystery. I am looking forward to Wednesday. Only downside is i probably will not be able to do my normal Facebook live of qualifying. My normal spot has some good action usually.

MTPyle

I wonder how many lights they will have for qualifying? you think they will light up the stretch with the two table tops?

It will be interesting for sure, cant wait.

This is a exciting race with all the top guys. So many possibilities for who can win. With 40 6100 it's a huge field, to make it in the top 10 will be an accomplishment. Lots of very experienced fast teams with high hopes of a podium. And you never know when a sleeper team can come from nowhere and mess up the top spots.

We are going testing tonight to get our lights set up and dialed in. I think this night idea came from all the light manufactures. They were tired of watching trucks roll over without their expensive light bars on. Haha.

Mike

dan200

#BSF200
In my opinion Apex is not a great test for V2R.

Doing well at Apex during qualifying is the opposite of what you need to win Vegas to Reno. The top qualifying guys just prove they can hang it out there and take huge risk. Apex awards risk taking, V2R awards consistency and patience.

Mike
This isn't the best course for passing and while track position isn't everything, a good one is still a sizable advantage. The lesser number of people in front of you the less there is to cause ya problems.

MTPyle

Dan,

You are right dust will be bad. I wonder some times if its better to be following a fast person that's hard to get around or a slower guy thats easy to pick off? In theory if the two guys in front of you are slower and you get around them you get more clean air. But maybe its better to be behind a fast guy longer and not get around him hoping he makes a mistake or has a issue. Kyle J came from the back and won SS300 because it was easy to get by the slow guys and he ended up with a lot of clean air while the "faster" guys were stuck in a dust train. So many variables. Haha I love this sport.

Mike

johndjmix

Trophylite:

Josh Cobb will pass several trucks in the first 10 miles.

A LOT of trucks will vapor lock.

Wild Power Sports 6013 will take it quick and steady and hopefully top last years 2nd place finish.

Anything can happen in the dezert! Good luck to everyone in Trophylite and all classes. HYDRATE and be safe!

Special luck to everyone on bikes and quads, it’s going to be Baja 500 hot you guys, be careful!

—john

JDDurfey

Dan,

You are right dust will be bad. I wonder some times if its better to be following a fast person that's hard to get around or a slower guy thats easy to pick off? In theory if the two guys in front of you are slower and you get around them you get more clean air. But maybe its better to be behind a fast guy longer and not get around him hoping he makes a mistake or has a issue. Kyle J came from the back and won SS300 because it was easy to get by the slow guys and he ended up with a lot of clean air while the "faster" guys were stuck in a dust train. So many variables. Haha I love this sport.

Mike
The problem is that you can't take a "wait and see" or be patient any more. These days every race is pretty much a sprint from the green flag to the checker. Of course, smart driving is always a must and having good equipment with good pit stops also. But I would probably rather be behind a faster guy because driving through a slower guy's dust is an invitation for an off course excursion.

calstyl2

Voss, will qualify top 5, wait and let the tires settle out in the rocks, the kids will get impatient and flat or break
Dark horse, Concrete they are due if they can settle down the skinny driver.........

J Prich

I haven't seen anything on social media anywhere but does anyone know if Bryce will do the live on board thing again? I'm assuming not or it would have been blasted around all over. Probably really hard to do for V2R with connectivity but hope this kind of thing comes back for a race like the Mint where a steady feed should be more doable.

calstyl2

I haven't seen anything on social media anywhere but does anyone know if Bryce will do the live on board thing again? I'm assuming not or it would have been blasted around all over. Probably really hard to do for V2R with connectivity but hope this kind of thing comes back for a race like the Mint where a steady feed should be more doable.
They are trying it again, per Fishgistics aka TMZ for racing and car chases

havahockey

Flipper
They are doing it again and the Herbst is doing their own as well.

MTPyle

Well that was a crazy qualifying. Pretty much depended on the dust. It was so so dusty and changed for everyone. So it was not consistent at all.

we actually had an amazing run and felt really good. We Caught the guy in front of us pretty fast then ate his dust and could not see a thing. But I feel like we went as fast as we could have with what we had.

it was our first qualifying that I didn’t feel like I left any speed on the table. we could have been faster but I was really happy with our performance in the conditions we had.

Watching guys come thru was really interesting. One guy would come thru super fast with not dust and the next guy could not see a thing. I loved the actual course. It was the best qualifying course we have ran for a race like V2R.

It was Pretty crazy.

not sure where we ended up but I am happy with whatever it is. Bummed we caught the guy in front of us but I guess it’s better to catch the guy than be caught. Haha.

Mike

jon coleman

This isn't the best course for passing and while track position isn't everything, a good one is still a sizable advantage. The lesser number of people in front of you the less there is to cause ya problems.
flatts slow you down more than almost coming to a stop in blinding dust and no clue of course direction, dont be a hero in the dust, no flats, stay out of the pits, top five no problem