Prerun technique legalities

E.Hagle

Reaction
Can anyone tell me the blatantly obvious tricks that aren’t legal?

I’ve seen lots of ribbon tied on branches and rocks painted with certain colors, always wondered if that was a legal move or not. Also wondered if that was just to distract the competition...

jon coleman

Reaction
is what leagal???

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 37

AZ7000'

Reaction
I’ve seen lots of ribbon tied on branches and rocks painted with certain colors, always wondered if that was a legal move or not.
I'm going with ribbons mark the track (present and past) and painted rocks are for visibility... Not necessarily a conspiracy

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Or it could be a marker for a possible pit area. Or even a spectator local marking their spot for race day.
Yes, I've seen both.
I've also seen left over markers from other club races. That one chaps my hide. Strip your course when your event is over.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I think my all time favorite non-promoter marker was a dead and very dry coyote painted florescent orange at a very sharp right hand turn at the Fireworks 250 in 1985 just out of the college parking lot.

brad inch

Reaction
i liked the orange painted bomb on a fud course, boat a snore, but the best was at a snore henderson race ,there was a refrigerator that marked the only really bad roller on a gas line road,worked great on first lap, but on the second lap a guy taking pictures moved it to the next roller so he could get pictures of people crashing.it must have been a lot of work to move it.what a ass.

MTPyle

Reaction
Lots of ribbons on the course at the end of pre run in Baja. you can easily start to figure out what they mean.

We spent way too much time pre running the SF250. Learned a lot though.

Mike

Honda48X

Reaction
Lots of ribbons on the course at the end of pre run in Baja. you can easily start to figure out what they mean.

We spent way too much time pre running the SF250. Learned a lot though.

Mike
All that time pre running and a minor fuel issue and the race was over. I bet you wish you had that fuel issue figured out. I really think you would have been in the top 5. Conner was on a mission. You had the second half dialed in but never got the chance. Bummer.

JDDurfey

Reaction
Back in the day we used ribbon to mark our "Hot Lines" aka "Honda Lines" Honda was definitely not the only riders to take or even make short cuts. However, we never put the ribbon at the actual short cut, and we also never made the entrance to the short cut obvious. I learned that from Jim O'Neal. He and I made a little short cut up in the Mike's loop one year that cut out a bunch of whoops and saved about a minute and a ton of energy. If I found and established the hot line I didn't need ribbons, I could always find it, but if you wanted to let your buddies in on your secret you had to mark it.

I used to mark access roads with ribbon so chase drivers that were not around during pre-running could find places they needed to be on race day.