Prerunner Filters?

SDranger

Reaction
There was a thread about filters a while back, but it didnt really give me the info that i wanted for a prerunner application. Kritter said that a K&N with a pre filter was your best best. My question is would that be the pantyhose type prefilter or the foam one? I dont really care if i have to clean my filter everytime i go to the dezert since i have to do that on my dirtbike anyways. I want something better that the stock paper type but i dont really wanna spend the $$ for a ump type box. So sould i go with the K&N setup or does anyone have any new ideas?
Thanks,
Paul

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I have a custom intake with a K&N cone filter on the end...it works great for what I use it for and I just recharge it after every 1 or 2 trips to the desert.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

cleartoy

Reaction
I use a UNI foam filter with a 4" inlet on my own intake. I like it. I can see all the dirt captured on the outside of the filter, instead of inside it.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

Skyler

Reaction
I have a stock replacement K&N element in the stock airbox and I rarely have to clwan it and it works great so if you are hard up on cash I would do that, but I would guess that a open element K&N filter with an outerwear(K&N, uni, or a sandsock) would be even better. I have never had a problem with my stock stuff so I never changed it.

<font color=green>Skyler</font color=green>
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

SDranger

Reaction
Cool, thanks for the replys guys. I think im gonna go w/ an open element K&N w/ a prefilter. Now i gotta start saving my lunch money... lol

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125