Prerunner Heat and AC

mgobaja

On the Durka Durka photo goonwagon, he has a system from RedDot, its a roof mount unit, seems to work fairly well.

michael.gonzalez

I've seen these being used

racetrash

I've only mounted and wired up Vintage Air. Go overboard with the mounting as they can shake themselves apart on a rough riding prerunner.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Yep, Robby confirmed he used RestoMods setup in the Gordini. Will post pics once we figure out the prefilter and mounting
I'm curious to see how this turns out. I'm way far out on my FJ55 project but will need something when I get to that point. An A/C guy that fixed a leak in my T100 A/C told me the Vintage Air stuff is good but he recommended only getting the main components without all of the hoses. He said that it would come out much cleaner if custom hoses were made for it. I'm sure that applies to any of these companies that sell kits.

721 racing

Dave, I’ve been building an I-Beamed Blazer for a while now. I opted to go with 2 of the biggest units Restomod makes. Here’s a few pics. Unit on the firewall is for driver an co-driver compartments. Unit mounted in the center console is for rear compartment. They will have individual controllers, one on the dash for the front seats, one on the back of the center console that the rear. I’ll probably have 2 of the vents on the rear of the console to be pointed at the back seat and a few vents up in the roof blowing down. There’s too much cubic footage in an SUV for one A/C unit. Nothing like spending a fortune to build a luxury Prerunner and have sweat running down your butt crack all day. Restomod also made me a condenser that he swears is huge enough to support both units.

Attachments

Dave, I’ve been building an I-Beamed Blazer for a while now. I opted to go with 2 of the biggest units Restomod makes. Here’s a few pics. Unit on the firewall is for driver an co-driver compartments. Unit mounted in the center console is for rear compartment. They will have individual controllers, one on the dash for the front seats, one on the back of the center console that the rear. I’ll probably have 2 of the vents on the rear of the console to be pointed at the back seat and a few vents up in the roof blowing down. There’s too much cubic footage in an SUV for one A/C unit. Nothing like spending a fortune to build a luxury Prerunner and have sweat running down your butt crack all day. Restomod also made me a condenser that he swears is huge enough to support both units.
Do those units run off of a single compressor?