Prerunner names

JCA

Reaction
Ok. While everyone is palking about what is a prerunner, lets talk names... What is the name of your vehicle, I dont want to call it a prerunner because by MY defination it might be a chase/prerunner/desert--car truck--nike??

Mine is not dialed in and not finished by any means and a few of the guys started calling it the Trophy Bronco. At first I took this as an insult (it was not meant to mean what you would think of a Trophy Truck) but then a friend"s started being called a POS (piece of [censored]) and the name stuck and he liked it. His truck works pretty good (not the best) but is no POS and he just rolled with it. So I would have to say my "Prerunner's" name is Trophy Bronco.

Oh also...I dont have a name for my race truck. Anyone want to give it a shot? It will not be green and white next year but rather blue white and gray.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
My truck's name is Cindi, with an 'i' cause its white trash. Our prerunner is called the "Fodge" cause it has a Ford body with Ford suspension, Chevy motor and a Dodge frame.

See ya in the dirt!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
My black 1998 chevy 1500 extended cab short bed is called "The beast" by my friends. Dont know why its not huge or anything it just stuck.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
The RDC crew has always referred to our vehicles as Trophy whatevers. Klaus owned the Trophy Blazer, I owned the Trophy Bronco, Gabe owned the Trophy Ranger. Now I own a Trophy Blazer and Klaus sold his to Jim Patelli and I sold the bronco so JC can you use the name for a little while longer. :) I think names are bithin for any vehicle. Does anyone know who started it all? I know Larry Ragland always had names on his trucks, Butch, Arnold etc, and Robby had Roseanne, what else was there?

"faster than it looks"

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
DMS has "Uncle Jessie", "Lil Mac" (RIP), and now "Goldie" is being built.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

DMSRACE

Reaction
Don't forget Grenngo...which is for sale...

Racer

To live life half throttle would be a waste....

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
The Piece and The General! lol...

Whenever we goto Ocotillo everyone else is Trophy.... also. We usally have a Trophy Ranger, Trophy Tacoma, Trophy Bronco, and Trophy Limo...

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
The name depends on how it's running at the moment. When running it's the party barge, when not it's the large P.O.S. After 5yr's of desert trips, races, chase and general mayhem around town it has developed it's own unique smell that won't go away. If I had a dollar for every spilt beer in My truck I could buy a new one..........

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
.......or maybe you could save those dollars for the DUI ticket or open container ticket! LOL :)

See ya in the dirt!

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Mine is called "The EZ-GO". About 3 years ago, a buddy a work was fixing up a golf cart and had the plastic EZ-GO logos. He siliconed one to my grille when I was not looking and it has been there ever since. It too is also called "The trophy Truck" by the guys. (due to me constantly talking about it). P.O.S is also a fitting name as well.

If your gunna go.........go Ghetto...

Tyson

Reaction
I have TUF which is the "almost a race truck" Toyota. That was one drunken night and I can't quite remember how it was cristened with that name but it stuck.

Then I have the Hilaboo which is the Chevy. That was started when I was looking into buying a fullsize, my chick saw a Dodge ram and swears to this day that it said Hilaboo (or RAM 1500 - to anyone that can read) and she thought I should buy a truck like that. So when I bought the Chevy that damn name stuck. . .thank god I'm selling it and I can ditch that name!

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>

martininsocal

Reaction
I know the McMillans always had names on their buggies. I ended up with Coyote for a little while before it was sold to some guys in San Felipe. They had Macadu too. I have had a herbie, a Ghost, and am working on "Carter" because that is about the vintage of the chassis.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

yotatech

Reaction
Noodle came up with crimson rage for my red 4by yota and i has stuck ever since.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
My wife named my prerunner after the 3rd year of building.....GD 4 seater...AKA...GAWD DAMN 4 seater.

Racers Only

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
my daily car is called "ticket machine".
she is red and noisy. 5-0 doesn't like neither

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
The work truck slash daily driver I have is a 67-8 Chevy longbed, stickbug style with no shocks ......and right now no alternator..buddy of mine dubbed it "THE BROWN BOMBER" cause how it looks going down the road and it has stuck eversince, even my grampa, previous owner, calls it that.

When my yota ran it was called "THE MACHINE", cause it could beat full size trucks in the river bed and live to do it another day.

My new chevy is call "PIG" because it takes up a big chunk of space in my shop, dam it.

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

elcaprerunner

Reaction
I could go on for days with names, but here is a few of them: My El Camino is "The Elco", and if I ever get my Cherokee it will probably be called "El Jeepé", unless there is a name that fits it better but I haven't got it yet so I don't know. My best friends daily driver is a lifted Ranger, we call it the "Ba-Ranger" ( Baja+Ranger), his Baja Bug that he is building right now we are calling "Terrible Herby", and his sister and Mom both drive Hondas, we call those the "BaHondas". My other friend has a '95 4Runner with an auto 3.0 V6, so it is appropriately named "Trophy Pig". We haven't found a name for the big Tundra yet but I think one will come soon........

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

Bonzen

Reaction
Yeah, like Fish said, we call everything "trophy whatever"

Fish: Hey Ryan, you goin out to ocotillo this weekend?

Me: Hell yeah, we got alot of beer, I predict some "Trophy Tacoma" tonight!

Me: How about you?

Fish: Same here, the "Trophy Piece" is gonna be flying off devils slide tonight!

After the weekend is over........

Me: So hows your motor mounts, carrier bearing, tires, springs, check engine light, exhaust, blah blah...?

Fish: Cracked, blown out, flat, set up wrong, on, and falling off! You?

Me: Same here....those whoops got really big in just one week huh....! Oh well, just floor it through em!

-Ryan

bonzenproductions.com

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya those whoops got big lol......

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

FORDTECH

Reaction
the first vehicle i ever off roaded was a big blue 78 olds delta 88 4 dr . i drove it every day for about a year all my freinds called it sabatoge .it looked like the car in the beastie boys video, i know that car was a ford but the mane stuck.

have gun will travel