Prerunner on Monster Garage

AaronDixon

Reaction
I just got word that the Dixon Bros. Racing built F-150 prerunner will be on the Discovery Channel TV show ‘Monster Garage’. According to the new owner, Wes Huston, Jesse James will be building some sort of hot-air balloon Geo Tracker that will be racing against other off-road machines. Check it out at 8:00pm tonight, on the Discovery Channel.

evan_clanin

Reaction
well i just wtched monster garage, and i was rather disappointed with only a half second clip of the pre runner, but there was about 50 homeskillet disco trucks, and some muddin trucks that was about it, they were more focused about the guys with there 44s that the runner, but oh well, still a good show, with a semi pain full shop accident, and tempers flaring as usual, just my 2 cents, a geo tracker, into a hot air ballon. who woulda though. the race looked a lil rigged but hey its tv

i wana be like austin when i grow up, he gets all the chicks

elcaprerunner

Reaction
I am watching it right now. Did you miss the beginning? At the very beginning the first thing it shows is the prerunner doing a bigass jump, it is pretty cool. But then it just goes to the disco trucks and mudders, oh well, atleast they give the prerunner props for exactly what it designed to do.

Oh yeah, why do they ALWAYS use square tubing in the show? Isn't round stronger? If it was me I would be using round 4130 chromolly DOM tubing, especially cause they never count tubing stuff like that in the budget they have. For this balloon they are using square aluminum tubing.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

evan_clanin

Reaction
yea i tuned in late, like 20 minutes into it, so i guess i didnt see it, my bad, not the first time i been wrong and not the last

i wana be like austin when i grow up, he gets all the chicks

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
The tubing is in the budget...for the balloon I think the tubing cost $600.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I missed the first like 20 seconds lol...what a joke!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Square or round, which is best...factors to consider; most have to do with time and convenience. Hanging stuff off framed structures is normally easier with square tubing. There is a lot of time spent fitting round tube joints properly, straight hacksaw cuts are a lot more convenient and take much less time.

If you want a light but stiff structure, use as little material as possible (thin wall thickness), but place it as far to the outside of the envelope as possible (maximize the outer dimension). Of course, when carried to the extreme, you have a soda pop can. If you step on an empty pop can carefully, it will support your weight. But if you dimple it slightly (starting a local buckling failure), it will collapse catastrophically. That is why the wall thickness must be thick enough to resist local dimpling. A practical rule of thumb is to keep the outer dimension to wall thickness ratio below 50:1.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

desertracer

Reaction
The shot of wes's pre-runner was pretty short during the race, but the one at the start was decent. I guess we have to take it where we can get it, a little bit of "coverage" is better than nothing. I was waiting for him to go get stuck with all the disco trucks in the mud.

FORDTECH

Reaction
i only saw the truck during the "race" . but did any of you see the commercial for the new star trek movie with ivan . he said they are using a pro truck with diffrent skin for the dez scenes in the new star trek movie. i have always thought star trek was lame but might have too see it now

have gun will travel