Prerunner storage

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
I am converting my 4-seat Alumicraft to a 3-seater so I can have extra storage and coolers spots. What are you guys using for storage containers (alternatives to having a aluminum one made)? My space is around 24" long x 15" wide x 15" deep.
What about coolers? Are there brands/sizes that are proven to work better in a prerunner conditions?

bigjeep13

Reaction
Ammo boxes and surplus store storage boxes work well. They are usually pretty weather tight too.

hendersoned

Reaction
one with real latches, if the lid snaps on it will pop off at the most inconvenient time, mine also has a motorcycle tie down holding it in the rack, I have a Rubbermaid industrial tote. All of the premium coolers work well, walmart and sams have their own brand for 50% less built like tanks.

vegasloki

Reaction
I've got the Rubbermaid totes in the shop for parts and I'll use those in the truck. I'm using Swag's designs as a starting point (though I may just break down and buy them). Rubbermaid has 5 or 6 sizes in the Actionpacker line. You can get the two mega sizes at Uline. I couldn't find them locally, had to go online.

Swag has ammo can mounts as well though I'm not using them.

Storage Solutions

Zambo

Reaction
Hard to beat rubbermaid actionpackers for the price. Bend up a little tray out of 1/8 aluminum for them to nest in and strap 'em down, you're good to go. I've had the same two totes on the back of my prerunner truck for years full of spare parts, tools and fluids. Biggest thing is to keep everything inside from bouncing around or else it will be destroyed in short order. I use bundles of rags and chunks of foam to keep everything from moving.

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
I'm going to go with the actionpackers (8gallon) and Swag mounts.