Prerunners

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Who do you guys think has the best prerunner out there? To qualify, it has to be at a majority of the races, getting used and abused. And by best, I mean that it is fast, RELIABLE and somewhat clean.

I would nominate Dane Cardone's Big Bird and any one of the Herbsts'.

We've done this with race cars before, but not with prerunners (I think) so lets hear what you guys say. Pics would be cool too!

See ya in the dirt!

Tim

Reaction
I'd say the riviera racing prerunner. Any prerunner that can be swapped in as the race car if needed is a pretty good.
The sessa prerunner is pretty badass too though. Sorry no cool pics, Tim

Junior

Reaction
Got to be "Big Bird" owned by Dane Cardone.

Junior
EJR Racing Trophy Truck #44
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ejrracing.com>http://www.ejrracing.com</A>

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
One of these prerunners. You take the pick.
My favorite would be the Riviera's ex Robby Gordon prerunner "pictured" or Godmans Bronco formerly of Jim Smith.

Bryan_D

Reaction
I would have to say Sean Sessas from Geiser Bros. ITs way sick!!!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Is Big Bird the Plank built Ford? If so then I agree.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

Bonzen

Reaction
hey Jerry, is that white F150 the one that raced TT in laughlin this year? It didn't have that stripped paint job though.

-Ryan

Salvador

Reaction
The white F150 that race on Laughlin was from the owner of "Papas and Beer" on Ensenada and was built by Curry Fabrications on Mexicali Baja. This truck it was build form the blue printing off a Pre Runner from Stewarts Works (The truck on the photo, this one was trashed the front suspension on the SCORE 250 San Felipe Race). The truck was run by Gustavo Vildosola for the Trophy Truck Points

Mexican PreRunner

martininsocal

Reaction
for reliability and overbuilt- the herbst twins. yeah, I know, I-beams and all, but they won't break..period.

If your gonna go, go BIG

punkassslacker

Reaction
I don't know if Sean Sessa goes to a lot of races but his $300,000 pre-runner that Geiser Brothers in Phoenix built looks real clean and is pretty much a street legal Trophy Truck. The "Desert Warrior" was in the March issue of OFF-ROAD. I wouldn't mind taking a ride in the desert with that F-150.

Just4Fun

Reaction
Id have to say that the race car that ntsqd found on ebay would tear it up pretty good, but overall id have to take sessa's prerunner.

Bryan_D

Reaction
The silver truck is pretty dang nice, anyone know the price on it when it was new? Geiser had one on their site that was similar for 150k and it was used, is this the same one?

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I'm pretty sure that Big Bird is Plank built. In fact I think it was his old Prerunner. Anybody confirm this?

See ya in the dirt!

BigD

Reaction
i think this is rick johnsons new bronco that someone was talkin about in another thread, correct me if im wrong. looks pretty darn trick to me and was built by stewarts raceworks to add to its credibility a bit more. i think its awesome to see suv prerunners... oh nobody mentioned the silver 4x4 suburban!! i almost forgot about that one.

Attachments

• 24-27496-bronco.jpg
    24-27496-bronco.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 779

shrek

Reaction
Kyle Taylor's prerunner should definitly be on the list!!! I was flat out on a warrior and he passed me in a long roller section like I was going backwards. He was doing at least a buck. If you havn't seen it, definitely look out for it. Silver F-150................

Racing isn't everything.............it's the only thing!!!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
If yo are talking baout the silver suburban that was at Malibu Dan and I think it was sponosred by 4 wheel parts wholesale...that thing is not very desert worthy...looks cool though.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
I think it sold somewhere around $125k, not sure exactly though. There was another thread in here somewhere about that truck and I think I posted more pictures.

I saw a silver suburban at the SEMA show in vegas at a magazines booth. It was really nice and was built so it could be raced also.