Prerunners

pciscott

Reaction
BigD correction the black Bronco prerunner is Brenda Johnsons, Ricks better half. Stewart Raceworks did a beautiful job the truck is gorgeous. Rick has a new Protruck coming so it was only fair for Brenda to get the prerunner. I hope my wife does not get any crazy ideas!

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

Junior

Reaction
Yellow F-150 "Big Bird" is owned by Dane Cardone and was built by Larry Plank and his partner Nestor Berardi (sp?). It does major prerunning chores for PCI Scott's trophy truck team. Motor is by Hammes Bros I believe.

Got to give props to Craig Stewart for his latest Bronco prerunner. Stewarts Raceworks is top notch.

Junior
EJR Racing Trophy Truck #44
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ejrracing.com>http://www.ejrracing.com</A>

BeastlyFord

Reaction
Here is a pic of the silver suburban that was built by Off Road Unlimited. I wouldn't mind having a bitchin prerunner with an 8.1 liter in it!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BeastlyFord on 07/24/02 07:31 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Attachments

• 24-27557-suburbanmalibudan.jpg
    24-27557-suburbanmalibudan.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 6,530

BeastlyFord

Reaction
And here is another one.

Attachments

• 24-27558-unlimited_front_b.jpg
    24-27558-unlimited_front_b.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 517

JCA

Reaction
Why does the silver suburban keep getting called a prerunner. When I saw it at Malibu Dans it had no plates and no glass not to mention many other items that makes it non street legal. It is a race truck is it not? Or is it a trailered in prerunner? I would vote for a street registered prerunner. More pratical and more useful. Not to mention that BITD rules state that on the prerun days the prerunner has to have a valid street reg. I admire all the trucks listed as well as a lot that I see running around with United Prerunners. But if I won the Loto I would probably be getting a sister truck to Scott's, from Newline.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I would have to say that Greg From UP has the sickest prerunner! All home built! Goes to every race and then goes home!!!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

BigD

Reaction
the newline trucks are definitely amazing!!!! the silver burb is a prerunner from what i know. also, has anyone seen the new crew cab F150 for the owner of fabtech. paradigm is building it and their claiming it to be a 4 seat street legal trophy truck...sounds good to me!! ill try and post a pic

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
In an article on that suburban or from talking to one fo the guy s..I cant remember but it was said that it was built to cruise around in the dez and he wanted to race MDR prerunner a few times. I also saw quality was lacking...I dont know if they just threw it together in a rush for SEMA and have now cnhanged it or what but I hope they have because thats a lot of money to halfass.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Big D, Dave Winners truck is very nice. We should have a complete skunk on it real soon, just have to lay it out. Here is a pic of it.

Attachments

• 24-27571-winnerprerunner.jpg
    24-27571-winnerprerunner.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 331

bpthirteen

Reaction
High dollar 2 wheel drive prerunners are great. But if you really want to check out the course, 4 wheel drive is a great way to go. You can stop without getting stuck. You can try different lines. You can go slow and really pay attention. Dan and Dave prerun in stock trucks. Ivan used to prerun in a pretty basic Landcruiser. I think Curt Leduc built this truck. He just raced it recently in BITD and won class 8. The truck won class 8 in Baja. The truck is a fast, comfortable, dependable beast and it is 4 wheel drive.

http://www.prepbyjake.com

Attachments

• 24-27573-27.jpg
    24-27573-27.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 519

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I could not agree more. It is a very bitchin truck but still way out of my budget. I think he had it for sale not too long ago in the neighborhood of $60k or $70k. I really like the idea of 4wd. I think the herbst will be tough to catch once the new TT is dialed.

pciscott

Reaction
BPthirteen, you have a picture of Jim Bosman's truck, who raced the last day of the Nevada 1000 for Curt who was off to the CORR race. Later.

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

JCA

Reaction
But BPthirteen is right that Curt has a good prerunner and I think it is 4 wheel drive. It is a full size Bronco that is not flashy but it has more prerun miles on it than most.
www.andrewsracing.com