Prerunners

John F2000

Reaction

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
I just picked up a Centurion today. Not sure what to do with it but might make an interesting prerunner someday.

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
So that's the Porter truck Ebberts is finishing or that a different one ?

baja619

Reaction
last one, at the baja 2000 finish line. missing door was removed by LeDuc's front bumper
when i passed him. had a great 25 hour wheel to wheel battle with LeDuc in this truck
in the 2000. Hope to race against him again in the 1000 this fall. This time, I'm replacing
the subwoofers with a second fuel cell (gotta get more serious, ya know!)

Wow is that the same truck?? If so has come a long way.

tinman

That dude!
Reaction
Beautiful truck don't get me wrong, BUT. A v-drive in a pre-runner is a bad idea, the vibration from a v-drive is pretty intense. Especially when it starts to get some miles on it. Granted its not a race truck but usually pre-runners do not get serviced as often as race trucks do. Imagine vibration so bad it blurs your vision when it's worn and the wheels come off the ground.

John F2000

Reaction
Damn!!

I wanted to be the first one to build a V-Drive pre runner... well I guess I still have one trick up my sleve;)

I couldnt find the picture, but the spares sit up-right in the rear of the truck. Push a button and they automatically lift and lower all the way to the ground using and electric motor and gear drive.

Mark Newhan

Reaction
Beautiful truck don't get me wrong, BUT. A v-drive in a pre-runner is a bad idea, the vibration from a v-drive is pretty intense. Especially when it starts to get some miles on it. Granted its not a race truck but usually pre-runners do not get serviced as often as race trucks do. Imagine vibration so bad it blurs your vision when it's worn and the wheels come off the ground.

Todd, I know how to get rid of the vibration;)