Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Website
www.offroadaction.com
By Jose Garcia, Negrete Boys Racing co-pilot & Galpin Marketing Manager
Since the second annual Baja 400 is only a few weeks away, I thought it would be a perfect time to share my Baja 500 experience. This time with Baja legend Dave Simpson and the Negrete Boys Racing Class 5/1600 Team.
Before I get into the race recap, here’s some background on who Dave Simpson is. He’s been racing in Baja since 1977 and has raced everything from motorcycles, buggies, Class 8 Trucks and even in a Camel Trophy Discovery (1994 Argentina-Paraguay-Chile). Racing in Camel Trophy is considered the “Olympics of 4×4,” as stated in MotorTrend Magazine. Dave is also a four-time Baja 1000 Champion in four different classes: 5/1600, Class 8, Class 2 and Class 30x. Dave’s racing resume is monumental, but his preparation for racing is even more impressive. Vehicle preparation, chase logistics, team planning and rescue are the key factors of Dave’s racing success. I’ve learned through Dave that finishing the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

C4

Reaction
Dave is one of my favorite people in the world. Great read and congratulations on 2nd place.

Bajabro1

Reaction
Dave is one of my favorite people in the world. Great read and congratulations on 2nd place.
Thank you! We're going for the win at the Baja 400.

Dave is also of my favorite people in the world - hence why I wrote about him. The toughest dude in a race car and the coolest guy in Baja.