Prerunning the Peninsula

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Considering the course map is coming out tomorrow and we are going to nail down our final details after that, I’d like to have an idea of what sort of mileage is typical from Catavina to La Paz.

We’ll be on a tight schedule and we need to get around 175 miles done each day.

Looking at lodging opportunities down south sort of spells out where the course will head, the course seems to follow the Baja Divide Trail all the way down in the past.

My dad and our good friend Gary Johnson haven’t been down the peninsula in quite a while, the rest of our small crew never has so I appreciate any insight on what we’re going to be facing in certain sections of the course.

notime

NTR Films media guy
RDC Crypto
Website
www.codeoffroad.com.mx
if course goes like usual, and you have good days preruning and start early each day to use all daylight posible

Catavina to El Crucero or Entrance to BOLA
BOLA to San Ignacio
San Ignacio to Loreto
Loreto to La Paz finish

probably will be more than 175 miles per day, considering lodging and the course going close to hwy think will be good options.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
We’ll definitely be getting an early start. Our new V8 prerunner eats up miles much quicker than our Polaris did so I’m sure we’ll average a minimum of 25mph.

Are there any sections of the course that gets really tight for a long stint or really rough?

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
Also, understand that course access for chase and the guys following ends for a stretch from San Iggy to Loretto, and any issues on the San Juanico side are easier to get to by going around through Insurgentes. That stretch you really don't want to hurt a prerunner, it adds a day or 2 to anything you're doing.

notime

NTR Films media guy
RDC Crypto
Website
www.codeoffroad.com.mx
silt beds west of vizcaino on the last one(2017)
silt beds before loreto if i recall correctly

rocky4by

RDC Crypto
All I can say is if is anywhere close to the route for the 2017 1000, is silt and more silt and again more silt 😵💫 we got in the car at mile maker 320 at about 1am, and then the fog rolled in and turned the fog/silt into mud/sandcrete😮, there was carnage everywhere. I cant say enough about having extra helmet lens, wipes, towels, long sand boards, and long tow straps and practice using these items.

notime

NTR Films media guy
RDC Crypto
Website
www.codeoffroad.com.mx
All I can say is if is anywhere close to the route for the 2017 1000, is silt and more silt and again more silt we got in the car at mile maker 320 at about 1am, and then the fog rolled in and turned the fog/silt into mud/sandcrete, there was carnage everywhere. I cant say enough about having extra helmet lens, wipes, towels, long sand boards, and long tow straps and practice using these items.

Exactly what I heard from a few friends at the 2017 after Vizcaíno

TRAVISD

RDC Crypto
Website
www.motoseat.com
I’ve heard of some nasty stuff around Bay of LA and some never ending whoops coming into San Ignacio

Its, 20 miles of HWY coming into Bay of LA. From El Crucero to the Hwy is rocky nothing to crazy. The whoops are between Vizcaino and San Ignacio and they are long sand whoops with silt beds mixed in.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
I love silt.
for your viewing pleasure( hey, at least its in the daylight, night silt in the BaJa is much more yummy

Attachments

• silt.jpg
    silt.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 0
  • images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 0
  • images (3).jpeg
    images (3).jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 0
  • images (4).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 0
  • images (5).jpeg
    images (5).jpeg
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
  • images (6).jpeg
    images (6).jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
  • images (9).jpeg
    images (9).jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 0
  • images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0
  • images (7).jpeg
    images (7).jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 200w.gif
    200w.gif
    316 KB · Views: 0

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Vizcaino to San Ignacio powerline rd is a giant *hitshow, hope for locals, have a chase truck ready to come help, its ugly in there. It makes up for that wide open joy of the straight line road from El Arco to GN.
We rescued a bike rider in there buried in the silt with femur fracture, had one arm above the silt when another moto rider saw him, about a half an hour before the lead truck came through at 2am, had to wait till 0600 to get the helo in to get him out.