Prescott Rally ##VIDEO##

bobylax

Reaction
Action from Saturday stages 5 & 6.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Y7SmcQflI"]YouTube - 2009 Prescott Rally[/ame]

bajascott1

Reaction
cool video, i used to love to take that corner at speed in my ranger,on my way back from the english kitchen.....

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Thanks for sharing the video! In the truck I thought I was going much faster then what the video makes it out to be.....LOL

Good meeting you too!

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Thanks for sharing the video! In the truck I thought I was going much faster then what the video makes it out to be.....LOL

..... ya a little easier on the breaks next time there big guy.... haha jk ...

looks like fun stuff... ive been wanting to rally for quite sometime now... what sanctioning(s) body do you race in trent?... any sites where i can find info about the different classes of vehicles etc?..

bobylax

Reaction

Good meeting you too!

That's alot of weight to get slowed down for a hairpin turn! You did have better exit speed than most though.

trent06

Mush
Reaction
..... ya a little easier on the breaks next time there big guy.... haha jk ...

looks like fun stuff... ive been wanting to rally for quite sometime now... what sanctioning(s) body do you race in trent?... any sites where i can find info about the different classes of vehicles etc?..

Here some information for you Adam...

The Prescott Rally event is kind of different in that it is one event for two seperate sanctioning bodies. It is an event for the United States Rally Championship - Pacific Series and it is also an event for the California Rally Series. You can get points toward a championship from the Prescott Rally for the USRC or for both the USRC and the CRS. A couple links for info on it and online rulebooks are here.

http://www.californiarallyseries.com/home/index.aspx

http://www.prescottrally.com/

http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/rules

For this event I raced in the Open 2WD class in the United States Rally Championship and for the California Rally Series, I race in what they call Group 5.

Some of the other places the CRS races at is Ridgecrest, CA. Blythe, CA. (near Parker) Erenberg, AZ. (near Parker) Jean, NV (near Primm) Farzier Park, CA for the Gorman Ridge Rally. Let me know if you need anything else. It was definitely a good time!

ABOUT THE VIDEO.......

My two excuses, the first direction you are coming from a pretty long down hill section into the U-turn and the pee gravel makes it tough to get slowed down, their was no sense for me to wreck the truck as at that point the 2 people in front of me in the overall were 20 and 25 seconds ahead and they werent in my class. However, I did end up beating them both in the overall.

Going the other direction which would be up hill, I am not sure it Robert has the video but the corner before the U-turn is a left hander that I almost blew as a Dove committed suicide into the front of the truck and I was thinking about the bird and not the left handed so I was still trying to get my crap back together for that turn. I will try and find the bird incident in our in-car video.....

scottm

Reaction
Very cool. I have wanted to go up to that event for years. Dont the race vehicles need to be street legal though? If so could you just rent an eclipse or subaru and show up?

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Very cool. I have wanted to go up to that event for years. Dont the race vehicles need to be street legal though? If so could you just rent an eclipse or subaru and show up?

YES, the vehicles must be street legal....The things I was told their was no way around is the vehicle must have a windshield, must have mud flaps on any driven wheel, and must have a license plate. As well as the safety requirements, but as our truck passes BITD and Score tech it is no problem to pass the safety part of tech for the rally.

That is also part of the reason why we raced our pre-runner, it was the only thing remotely close to being legal, and it already had a windshield. 2 Bolts and a 5/8 wrench and we had mud flaps, and luckily since we have the Ford dealership in Parker, we got to use a Dealer Plate. Which (dealer plate) use is common in rally racing. Yes you or we could have rented a rally Subaru that met all the reuirements, but that is just another expense and we are desert racers! LOL I am sure next year when we run it, it will be in the same truck, but our setup will be much different. Let me know if they're anymore questions related to rules etc I can answer....

Quailhunter

Covert Troll.
Reaction
Trent,

That looks like fun!

You say your setup will be different next year, are you referring to suspension
or engine tune?

I had a look at the map and was surprised to see the elevation for that area. Did that play into anything?

How were the daytime temps?

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Trent,

That looks like alot of fun!

You say your setup will be different next year are you referring to suspension
or engine tune?

I had a look at the map and was surprised to see the elevation for that area. Did that play into anything?

How were the daytime temps?

Daytime temperatures were in the high 70's perfect weather conditions in my opinion. You make a valid point on the elevation changes as in the city of Prescott is right at about 5,000 feet, but one of the stages on the course has a 2,000 foot elevation change from the start to finish of the stage,one direction being an increase and one direction being a decrease. As far as our jetting it was scary in Parker how small of jets we ran, but I think the jetting was spot on once we got to Prescott.

As far as the adjustments I was talking about would be suspension (not shock changes) but setup and ride height. Over the course of the 2 days we never got into the bump stops! The ride height adjustments we made to the front in lowering it I thought was pretty good and helped with having less negative camber and having the truck steer better on the roads. As for the rear it was entirely our desert setup. I would think we would change the rear leafs to a softer set and maybe a over top rear shackle that is longer to lower the rear end. Aside from that we have a year to contemplate, LOL I am hoping we will be able to read the course notes next year as well, as I just drove what I could see this past weekend.

Reaction
the english kitchen.....

Sadly, I must report it closed after landlord jacked rent to more than could be stood.

Now, the location stands empty and lot's of $ will be spent to bring it up to current restaurant codes.

I believe it had been AZ's longest continously operated dining establishment before closing.

RIP, EK.

Sorry for the hijack, Trent.

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Sadly, I must report it closed after landlord jacked rent to more than could be stood.

Now, the location stands empty and lot's of $ will be spent to bring it up to current restaurant codes.

I believe it had been AZ's longest continously operated dining establishment before closing.

RIP, EK.

Sorry for the hijack, Trent.

I guess when I was pre-running I wasnt paying close enough attention, where would this place be in comparison to the stop sign at the "T" in the road or the bridge that crosses the verde river....? Interesting stuff, and if it was half as good as Anita's in Wickenburg I would have eaten their quite a bit!!!!!

bajascott1

Reaction
trent, it was just down from the spirit room in jerome.a few of my buddies used to do early morning raids in our prerunners up the great western trail to perkinsville road from prescott valley.it was blast,to go watch the sun come up over the red rocks of sedona,and then sit and wait for breakfast.the only pavement we would see from my friends nates house was at the fire station in jerome. great memories. and it is too bad they closed down.
back to the thread sorry for the hi-jack!