Pressing out Ford Spindle Snouts??

Scooterinvegas

Reaction
OK, I want to ditch the F-150 spindle spuds and weld in a set of Kar Tek 2" snouts. What do I have to do to press out the old spindle/spuds? Im thinking a little heat to the spindle and start pushing? And once the 2" snout is pressed back in, what rod would be best to weld them? Im not sure what the '90 F-150 spindles made of. Thanks, Scotty

Scooterinvegas

Reaction
Its just an upgrade for a F-150 pre-runner. Thinking about going to a 2" snont and running 37" on it.

The blitzkrieg snout blocks are for a Ranger. I dont see any thing on their web site about F-150 blocks.

Reaction
WD-40 and an air chisel. And your stick welding these in?

calfredo66

Reaction
I believe he has beams, if you didn't read his post all the way through, but yes, you cannot mount 2" spindals on what you have.

dezertdude

Reaction

The blitzkrieg snout blocks are for a Ranger. I dont see any thing on their web site about F-150 blocks.

I was just using that as an example. 2" snouts on stock cast spindles wont work. Unless you do have beams and you get dana 44 spindles and beam ends then you can have a factory hub thats pretty strong.

Alex Paterson

Reaction
My H&M uprights with ProAm Hubs and Wilwood brakes,

Its changed a little and now the bump stop contacts the top of the spindle upright.

-Alex

Scooterinvegas

Reaction
You can not mount 2" spindle snouts onto your Ford F150 Factory Spindle, you need all new uprights plus upper and lower control arms if you don't have them. H&M makes a complete kit as well as BMS and other companies.

-Alex

Kartek claims to have 2" snouts for f-150 that press in the stock spindles. Link below. Its a pre-runner and I was looking for a quick fix to running 2" snouts with out building new up-rights. The truck is finished and is being used for pre-running (for 2 years) with Mcneil I-beams and McNeil linked rear end w/9" and king shocks. The weak link in the truck, IMO is the stock front spindles with the f-150 spuds. Custom up-rights with 2" snouts are going to run about $2200, where the snouts in the link below are $600 pair. Again, this is not the race truck. If I can save $1600, that money can go into the race truck, not the pre-runner.

http://www.kartek.com/Product/Suspension/Snouts.html

Reaction
Every thing is held in by pressure and vibration is the Helton of pressure. If you want to mess with taking stuff apart and sticking it in a press or using press clamps then by all means do what you need to do. I didnt know if you were going to be reusing them.