Pressurized fueling accident (Crickets...)

MTPyle

yes I am for sure beating a dead horse. Its not just that you beat the horse but you have to know how. I have refined the art of beating a dead horse for many years, pretty dang good at it now. LOL

But its been a fun 20 pages. Haha

Mike

jon coleman

did anyone mention yet that its All going electric soon Anyways??( they did?,) not only do I beat dead horses, ill dig them up and make sure to beat some more

JDDurfey

yes I am for sure beating a dead horse. Its not just that you beat the horse but you have to know how. I have refined the art of beating a dead horse for many years, pretty dang good at it now. LOL

But its been a fun 20 pages. Haha

Mike
I was not just referring to you with that post...the same things have been stated numerous times during this "debate".

johndjmix

How many cars fuel at a gas station in a given month? How many fires / explosions at that station per month?

Exactly.

Thinking backwards to the simple task of the soccer mom fueling her suv...in a miniskirt with no fire protection. Usually not at issue. Why?

Think of the issue from the systems that work and ramp up rather than trying to solve by ramping down a very limited used system.

—job.

Rslhc

I think we found the answer. We have someone create gas stations in the desert, one way only, and have regular pumps full of race gas and trucks just line up to get filled. No transporting fuel, no PP to explode, to dump cans to leak. Just remember not to top off. lol

I’m sure COSTCO would be all over this since the lines would basically what their stations are like anyways. 🤣

Not dissing John above, just came to mind in the theme of dead horse beating.

Edit: we have 9 more pages of this before we get to the amount of unproductive debate as we had in the 2014 thread.

Honda48X

i keep hearing about the Deadman and I’m wondering if anyone actually know the definition of a deadman. Not sure if Vince actually knows what one is. Next time you are at an airport and see the commercial aircraft being fueled you will see the fueler holding a deadman switch. If the fueler let’s go of the switch fuel stops immediately. What people describe on here is a person when told or on his own turns a valve. That is not a deadman.

masleca

Honda,
I started writing a nasty reply, in true RDC fashion :), but realized that is why all of these threads are such a waste of time. People spouting off from behind their keyboard and blurting out the 1st thing that comes to mind. I always lurk and laugh, but ultimately refrain from replying......but against my better judgement (and a temporary loss of will power) :
Please rest assured that Vince knows exactly what a "Deadman" Valve/Switch is.
Please rest assured that all of the Qualified People that operate a PP know exactly what a Deadman is and how it operates.
As in all other applications, the Deadman on a PP has to be held Open.
All of the Qualified Operators of PP's in the Desert would like to thank you all for the insightful critiques and real world Fireman commentary.
Can we get back to fueling by the method of our choice please ?.......yes I will wear a Mask !!!!

jon coleman

I think we found the answer. We have someone create gas stations in the desert, one way only, and have regular pumps full of race gas and trucks just line up to get filled. No transporting fuel, no PP to explode, to dump cans to leak. Just remember not to top off. lol

I’m sure COSTCO would be all over this since the lines would basically what their stations are like anyways. 🤣

Not dissing John above, just came to mind in the theme of dead horse beating.

Edit: we have 9 more pages of this before we get to the amount of unproductive debate as we had in the 2014 thread.
will RG demand a station attendent' check under the hood'??, and fill the windshield washer bottle??

Zambo

Maybe somebody who has been around desert racing longer than me can explain why we don't just pump fuel into the vehicles the same way we fill our cars at the gas station or fill farm equipment in the field? Seems to me that whether you're using dump cans, fuel towers, or a PP, you gotta pump the fuel from the drum or other container into the fueling device anyway. Why not skip the middle man and just pump the fuel right into the race vehicle? Yes I understand that a 20gpm pump is going to take several minutes to fuel up a TT. So what? If everybody is using the same method what is the difference? Plus, modern tracking devices make it pretty simple to have a pit area that is transited 'off the clock' so that teams can't get ahead by fueling faster than the other teams (within reason). Do we really need fast pit stops to be part of the race? Are there any other forms of motorsport where fuel stops happen on the clock and the pit crews are comprised of amateurs and volunteers?

partybarge_pilot

I have seen a truck fueled that way but with 2 pumps going. Took under 2 min to fill. Never took the drums out of the truck. Draining the hoses afterwards was the only hard part.

Murray Rothbard

Did the Wright brothers have a pilots license? FAA clearance? Innovation & therefore safety come from permission-less products like PP.

a committee never started a successful company. A camel is nothing more than a horse designed by committee, which is what NASCAR F1 & American life have become. We will all be living in Baja soon to enjoy steak & sound of V8 engine.

jon coleman

Did the Wright brothers have a pilots license? FAA clearance? Innovation & therefore safety come from permission-less products like PP.

a committee never started a successful company. A camel is nothing more than a horse designed by committee, which is what NASCAR F1 & American life have become. We will all be living in Baja soon to enjoy steak & sound of V8 engine.
and the reversed engineering of the big beautiful wall will be a booger, your right, Baja will be the sanctuary in the future when Off the grid will be a way of life