****Pretty Welds....****

ZTFab

Reaction
Fricken garage fabbers.......... ha

You are a smelly Pirate Hooker. Why don't you go back to your home on rental companion of the evening island?

..and take those safari jeeps you're building with ya! :D

garagebuilder

Reaction

atomicjoe23

Reaction
Yeah. . .from the front (can't see the back) this is the most precise fit-up I have ever seen. . .and the TIG welding is PERFECT!!!

garagebuilder

Reaction
First time I did one of those gussets it took me about 2hrs of fit-up before I was satisfied, I can knock them out in about 30 mins now. Thanks for the complements.

AussieFSJracer

Reaction
Here is a good shot for some who want to understand.

Look at the larger spread out weld at how there is more flow and less of a sharp edge where a crack can start. This larger weld also helps to aneal the joint spreading the HAZ.

Yes = It costs more.
Yes = It is a stronger weld.
Yes = It takes way more time.
Yes = It makes the part stronger.

No = What is there that is no?

Take it or leave it, it is what it is....

Back to pictures...

So THATS why a high end prerunner costs $300,000? $40,000 in parts and material, 4 - 6 weeks to dry fit, then 10 1/2 months and $250,000 in welding labour to TIG weld it together? :D :D

mikeyfrombc

Reaction
fack more amazing welds time to go practise garagebuilder is that done with a robot LOL that **
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!** is insane!!!! and ZT kickass as usual ,keep posting guys and ZT nice info on OFN i,ll have to try that next time i use my mig LOL , that may be a while i tig anything and everthing that i can just wish i was close to the level that,s posted here as of late

Dirt-13

Reaction
Custom bead roller die On a rotary using a miller Dynasty 350......staineless rod

Attachments

• TIG WELD.jpg
    TIG WELD.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 129

Dirt-13

Reaction
that picture lost a lot of quality somewhere between my iphone and race-dezert. after welding we turned the sides down on the lathe and put a radius on the edge.

Hoffman

Reaction
Some of the most amazing welds are on this site and in this thread! Pure artwork!
Some of mine
2.5" 1/4 wall DOM to hardened impact socket