• Forum membership has its advantages....

****Pretty Welds....****

arqangel67

Nice welds, Subaru header?

arqangel67

Hey everybody I have some work that I need to get done this weekend and I ran out of tungsten. Does anybody have any that they wanna sell in the San Berdoo area or anywhere along the 215 to temecula? Or know of a place that I can get some today or tomorrow? I need pure tungsten in 3/32" at least.

arqangel67

Thanks RDC, Got the hook up!

CZRMAG

Questions for all of you MIG experts. What technique or pattern do use lets say for a 90° tube notch? Do you setup the welder a little colder then normal? And last for .120 material would u recommend .023 wire or .030? I know it takes a lot of practice but would like to see what u guys think.
Having difficulty getting consistent/uniform beads on tubing. Seems like I cant move the gun fast enough and the welds loose the stacked dime look. Currently trying .023 wire so I can slow the weld down.

atomicjoe23

I use .035 without a problem. . .I have considered switching to .030 because it seems the majority of the "pro's" on here are using it, but the .035 has worked for me regardless of the material thickness or the type of joint (with the exception of some really thin sheetmetal)

CZRMAG

I normally use .030 but figured I'd give .023 a try so I could slow the weld down. My biggest problem is getting consistent welds on tubing. I did some practice welds today and found that if I move ahead of the puddle then stop for a second it was the easiest way to get a consistent stack. I tried the continuous "e" pattern and its difficult to keep it consistent. Have to move the gun too much for me. Can someone post a video of them welding? Would be a big help.