price estimate for wiring

BeevDawg

how much do you guys think it would cost to get a 69 vw bug wired from scratch if i were to take it to a shop. I already have the parts, just installation?

i got a bug, its tight

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
If you take it to a race type shop that does wiring...they most likely wont use the parts you bought...they will use their own wire and they will use breakers instead of fuses. It is not cheap work becasue there are only few people willing to do it. Check with Gabe...I think he is in the market for wiring too and is looking at around $3500 to wire his truck.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

elcaprerunner

My buddy is currently finishing a 5 open style bug he built to play in Ocotillo and he is doing all of the wiring himself ( and he also built the car from scratch, the car could be competitive in MDR class 5 open if he ever raced it). He says it takes some time but is not too hard, wiring for the whole motor and all that stuff, an amber light, VW EMPI headlights, 3 KC's up on his bumper, oil cooler, and a few other things. And all of it comes into togglee switches in the dash board, along with wiring all of the guages too which I think he has like 5 or 6. He did it really clean and it will work awesome when it is done. He bought all of the wiring in a kit which also helped with the difficulty factor, though I can't remember who made the kit. Maybe EMPI makes it?? And it wasn't too expensive either, I think somewhere is the low hundreds.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by elcaprerunner on 02/18/03 02:48 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

orvacian

I wired my 67 bug completely from scratch a while ago and the total cost of parts was mabye $50 total for wire, switches, relays etc. It could be done in a day. The VW's are A LOT more simple then a fuel injected truck. I may be interested in making a little extra money on my day off sometime. E-mail me

BeevDawg

definately interested, but i only get $200 every 2 weeks(im just a kid), and im in the san diego area.

i got a bug, its tight

Tom_Willis

try the "Painless Wiring" product line. They sell a complete kit for everything from roadsters to top fuelers. They are in the Summit, PAW and even J C Whitney catalogs.

I live my life one paycheck at a time