PRIMM 300 - RACE CENTRAL

StandOnTheGas

Reaction
Primm 300 update. Look for Race Central to debut. Located at the start/finish, the Race Central hospitality tent will be open to all at no charge. Two video cameras on the racecourse will send live video courtesy of Laser Cams to TV monitors in the shade of the hospitality tent. In addition, professional announcer Bob Bower will conduct live interviews with drivers over the radio! There should be refreshments and snacks available along with sponsor displays, a leader board for the Mini Metal Bash with team photos and other cool stuff. Much work has been done and there is still a ton to be done. We could use some help. WE NEED: volunteers for security on Friday and Saturday, bodies to help set up on Thursday, heavy equipment to move dirt and create an infield pit area on Thursday or sooner, scanners, base radios and handhelds, video/photo staff, stand by and back up personnel, and your ideas!

THROTTLE DOWN

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
the rdc crew will devote some staff towards video and photo during the event.
Looking forward. Bruce private contact me for details.

scott

Reaction
That sounds pretty cool especially for spectators that can't get onto the course....

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Hi Bruce! This'll be our first time out at the Primm race and we're looking forward to it...even more so now! I'd be happy to get the word out and try and round up some IP people who would want to help. I'll send you an email later.

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

StandOnTheGas

Reaction
Hey Jen. Any help you can provide would be great. DID I MENTION THAT WE ARE GOING TO TRY TO SET UP A LIVE WEBCAST!

THROTTLE DOWN

StandOnTheGas

Reaction
Thanks to a tip from RDC reader Brett, Gary Vosburg of Las Vegas has agreed to help clear the infield for the Primm race! In addition, Curtise of Juice Designs, Billy of Laser Cams, Klaus, and Gabe Laura have all agreed to help with the video production and live race day video! Thanks to everybody!

THROTTLE DOWN

poolman

Reaction
I'll be there,If you need some help.

poolman

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Congrats on the plans and best of luck.

When you say "laser cams" do you mean that the transmission medium is via "laser beam" or light spectrum transmission? If so, watch for thermal refraction if the weather is hot. Dust is worse.

Overall, very cool and comendable. Another way to do this is via cheap, spread spectrum (2.4ghz unlicensed band) microwave. The radios are darn cheap and can do T-1 no problemo up to 25 miles. I am unsure of the boxes needed to do the camera and monitor connections.

PJCinLV
http://www.off-road.com</A>
Hated by Eco-Freaks and Bob Yen.

StandOnTheGas

Reaction
Pat, Laser Cams is the name of Billys company. Indeed, he is planning to use a 2.4ghz set up for the two cameras. I believe it would be cool to have one camera just before getting on the "old" paved road on the way into main pit. The second camera would be just past where the course goes under the railroad. This way you could see who was on the way in, watch them go through the start/finish, then see where they are running again in the rough section past the RRX. Thanks for the props Pat.

THROTTLE DOWN

StandOnTheGas

Reaction
FYI. Pit Crew Competition Rules addition: LUG NUTS MUST BE RE-USED. NO GLUING LUG NUTS TO THE SPARE WHEEL.

THROTTLE DOWN

JasonHutter

Reaction
Just curious, are we going to be doing this side-by-side or one at a time?

Thanks,
Jason

poolman

Reaction
How about a street division for the pit crew competition?That would be fun and you would get more of the public involved.hmmm...

poolman

Junior

Reaction
Street Division? Tell me more.........what do you mean?

Junior
EJR Racing #244

JasonHutter

Reaction
Does anyone have a radar gun, or can borrow one for the race. It would be cool if someone could be on the smooth some where and post the top speeds of the day.

Just a thought,
Jason

Brett

Reaction
How about a roll call of who is going to enter the Primm 300 in 7s and participate in the Mini Metal Bash?