PRIMM 300

klaus

Administrator

- Pictures of Alan Pflueger's new Trophy Truck. Troy Lee Design. Not Racing the Primm Race but out on display only.
- Herzog (Protruck Team) has their Nestor/Newline build prerunner out. The prerunner is similar to Scott Steinbergers new prerunner (see skunk works feature a while back)
- Rhiannon will sing the national Anthon at 6AM and 10AM
- The weather is reasonable ok. Not too hot.

Attachments

dislocated1

live update from Primm, Brian Ickler !st overall in the first heat ina score lite. got the win in the 12 car over all the 10 cars it was good times. Also stay tuned for deatils of Ful-Pull gettin loose with the housekeeper in the suite!!

klaus

Administrator
- Dondel rolled in first lap, possibly DNF

racer951

Just got a second hand story from the Chamblee 7 team. They're 6/8 in class on their 3rd lap. Two class 1's rolled early and weren't recovered within the next hour & a half. Turner still in first in class 7, don't know much else, but the RDC link is relatively up to date, i'd say an 1 1/2-2 behind.

havahockey

Flipper

We got there right after it happened and I snapped a few photos. The people that saw it roll said that it hit a large hole that was on the course and the front bumper dug in and endo'd.

KitRacer

looks like that whole front end dug in to me. So was he in the dust or what? It was at like mile marker 7. I think there was only about 100 down arrows there plus a small gathering of photographers, i dont know why he couldnt see that. Maybe he thought he could clear it

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Do you think it dug in as it sits too low or was he just going to fast? Sucks that it happened and I'm glad to see that they were all right.

KitRacer

he tried to clear a ditch that was about 20 ft long and about 8 ft deep, a monster truck woulda dug into this

FABRICATOR

That second picture shows some A-arm mounts that may or may not be adequate, but they are a great example of something letting go and saving the chassis and other components. They undoubtedly reduced violence transmitted to occupants as well.

Bonzen

We got there right after the crash also....before the start he had a someone heating the shocks up with a torch...I guess they never got hot enough or something...but it was a big hole and he (Dondel) was saying that he thought the hole took out the arm and then that caused the roll.

-Ryan

hxckidd

talking to the spectators there they said the same thing ryan just said.. the truck hit the hole and that caused the arm to rip back putting them over.