• Forum membership has its advantages....

Primm 300

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Next month I will be going out to my first Score race in Primm. I was just wondering what big names will be out there? Does anyone know if Gordon will be racing? Thanks for the help.

Jimmy8

I know ashley and smith for sure, and the entry list will be posted probably friday on the score website, after the drawing. see you there.

John Bitting

Administrator
This not a good race to attend if it is your first Score race unless you have access to a pit pass, otherwise you will be watching through a fence in the parking lot of the hotel..

Jimmy8

from what I ve heard this year they are trying to make it a bit different, but I agree with you, this has turned into kind of a laughlin race. You get to see the little section in front of you and thats it. I mean in Laughlin there is one of the 2 greatest spots in off road to watch from, and now you cant get in. This meaning the road crossings, and the other being the graded dirt road by ojos at the 500 with the rollers in it. both of these have some awsome action. Another real good one that you can watch from if score ever goes back is wild wash at Barstow. I have seen quite a few accidents there.

rdc

I would have to agree with John also. Unless you were already planning on going to Primm or Vegas, I would sit this one out and wait for the bad TV coverage around Christmas time!

<font color=red>Used Car Salesman<font color=red>

John Bitting

Administrator
I sound negative in my earlier post, I did not mean too, Eric the best way to go to Primm is with a team. With a pit pass you can go up to Jean and watch the race somewhere up there. Without the pass you are limited to watching it from bleachers in the parking lot of Buffalo Bills are making numerous passes on the freeway throughout the day to see the racing and dust. This year will be a little different with the tent and tv setup broadcasting the mini metal bash. Contingency is bitchin on Friday and High speed testing and prerunning is fun to watch.. Just offer to help out a team and life will be much easier..

rdc

Thanks for all the advice guys. My friends and I really appreciate it. I know one or two teams that are racing so I will see if my buddies and I can get pit passes.

HTTP404

Yeah The Fireworks 250 (in barstow) is one of the best races for spectating. You should make it a point to go to that race.

Oh wait.................. SCORE doesn't run the FW 250 anymore. I guess 6 races a year was more than they could handle.

Sorry, never mind.

<center>
http://www.dirt.net/eq/redline2.gif</A>"></center>

<font color="#00FF00">"They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction."</font>

<font size="1"><font color=red>- Janet Reno, US Attorney General, 02-27-98</font color=red>
</font></p>

gary

i couldn't tell you the name of the road, but it's right behind the gold strike, in jean, and it's a great spot to view. there's a gas station right there-just head towards downtown, not towards primm, and you'll see a bunch of spectators and chase vehicles there....we stayed there last year, and got to see some cool stuff. the course goes right next to the road, as the cars and trucks are coming back in towards state line. we got to see riviera get a fresh spare tire-kinda cool up close. it's a fairly high speed section, so everybody comes haulin' through there. way better than watching from the start finish line...

Jimmy8

Today at noon was the drawing for starting positions. Does anyone know when the entry list is going to be posted or when Tony T's odds will be done.

Steve_Sourapas

Jimmy, I called Score today at 3:00 to try and get the results of the drawing but was told that they would be up on the Score web site on Monday morning. I wouldn't count on it due to past experience.

BEERMAN

Jimmy8

Id go regardless of a pit pass. Contingency is awesome regardless, and any day at the races is a whole lot better than a day at home. Hit it up, I'll be there. Anyways Buffalo Bills is a great time regardless of the racing, and its been a couple years since Ive been to the race, but last I remember they had a killer motion theater that had a movie where you are racing in an off road truck. Check it out if its still there.

Tony_Barraza

RDC Guyz and Galz-

We always look forward to Primm!

We will have our full-on display at contingency (where RDC T's will be available), so everyone come by, introduce yourself, and hang-out for awhile!

We look forward to putting some faces to names!

See ya soon!

John Bitting

Administrator
Yes Tony will have our shirts for sale at Primm, and just to make sure everything does "NOT" go smooth, I will join him in the booth to make sure I cause a little ruckus... So stop by and say hi and pick up a shirt our five and let everyone know where you spend half your day while you are suppose to be working.. Did I just type that?? whoops I hope my boss never sees the stickers on my truck and decides to check out the page... Damn I would have a lot of spare time on my hands...

rdc

.........and how would you pay for that new Bronco!

<font color=red>Used Car Salesman<font color=red>