primm draw results

harleys dad

Reaction
Darn weak entry numbers. I cannot believe the 1sy 2sy in so many classes and only 10? in 1600 The country clubers seam to have a decent number leaving the golf course for a day of racing but the little guys are staying home in droves it looks like.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
it will definately be an action packed first lap from where im starting!!!!

racer951

Reaction
Darn weak entry numbers. I cannot believe the 1sy 2sy in so many classes and only 10? in 1600 The country clubers seam to have a decent number leaving the golf course for a day of racing but the little guys are staying home in droves it looks like.
Looks to me like the little guys are racing the smaller series (MORE, SNORE, etc.) while the mid to upper end classes are cherry picking the good races in all series to get great draws at the best events, regardless of promoter (Parker, Mint 400, More 500, Baja 500, V2R, B1K); you also see more people in all classes teaming up to save $.

The special races still get good draws - the problem for SCORE is that they have been losing those types of races (eg. Laughlin) while BITD, SNORE, MORE, and others have been improving and/or adding them. Throw in violence in Baja and a horrible economy coupled with the highest entry fees and you have SCORE feeling the pinch big-time. The 500 and 1000 are the two cards they have; fortunately for them they are great cards.

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
Looks to me like the little guys are racing the smaller series (MORE, SNORE, etc.) while the mid to upper end classes are cherry picking the good races in all series to get great draws at the best events, regardless of promoter (Parker, Mint 400, More 500, Baja 500, V2R, B1K); you also see more people in all classes teaming up to save $.

The special races still get good draws - the problem for SCORE is that they have been losing those types of races (eg. Laughlin) while BITD, SNORE, MORE, and others have been improving and/or adding them. Throw in violence in Baja and a horrible economy coupled with the highest entry fees and you have SCORE feeling the pinch big-time. The 500 and 1000 are the two cards they have; fortunately for them they are great cards.
it is a shame that series SCORE puts on doesn't have the prestige that their races do. I think they might be holding their cards a little too tight.

harleys dad

Reaction
Yes but those 2 cards have been failing grades as far as entries are concerned. A lot have found other places easier on the wallet as well as the best place to race. If Score didnt have TT Score would be deeper in the toilet . in the 35 years I have been in this sport NEVER have I sean racers stay away from Score like they are now. I am willing to bet they do not return when you can go race so many other places with much more racers to race for less than Scores insurence fee alone. Unfortunute for Sal but better for the limmited classes elswhere. I come from a time when there were waiting lists for several races Score put on, now they cant even get 80 cars to sing up for a drawing??? In the USA???

ML Racer

Reaction
Not to change the doom & gloom direction this post is heading for but, has anyone heard a rumor that TT's and I'll assume the rest of "that' group will start first Saturday morning because somebody has a date in Richmond!

Ranch Hand

Reaction
I see that Mark, Daniel and Luke, ( sounds Biblical, doesn't it), are entered, but no Andy.
Anyone know what's up with Andy ?:confused:

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Not to change the doom & gloom direction this post is heading for but, has anyone heard a rumor that TT's and I'll assume the rest of "that' group will start first Saturday morning because somebody has a date in Richmond!
that would be COOL! ill thank robbie (lagano hater) personally if that happens.....

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
There are so few entries they might as well just run everyone together in the morning.

This would also save SCORE a few bucks I would think?

:)

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Regardless of this, that, or the other I'm really looking forward to this race.

Racing in Mexico is pure adventure and it is the NFL of desert racing. The logistics and challenges demand that a team really have it's act together. It is a TON of work but the adventure and reward is well worth it.......

On the other hand it's a lot of fun to walk out of the hotel right to the main pit and see all my friends in one spot.....

Nothing like 80's rocker night at the tree bar!!!!

Sheeze even if your not racing you should come out and have a good time spectating and bring your "Rocker Attire" for the post race festivities!

PS. I hear Pete is gonna drive his trophy lites in the TT race cause he loves them so much and they are score legal and all.......

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Dam Obama and his crapy economy!!!!!!

Martin

Reaction
It is more expensive to race in Baja so people are cutting budgets and staying in the USA so they can keep racing. There is also more promoters than ever before. There will always be people like me who want to race Baja. Mid 90s there was low entries just sign of the times.

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
Reaction
i think alots peoples is wait for the baja 1k race ?