Primm results out before VTR official results. WOW!

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
It just kills me with the penalties. Is it really worth it to speed in the 3 miles where there were speed zones?? Is it that hard to keep it under the speed limt? It wasn't for us. We kept our car at about 2-3 miles under the speed limit. Cracks me up. The race is won on the course, not in the pits or crossing the bridge. But it sure can be lost obviously.

Brad Wilson

#ronnysson
Reaction
I know it is sad to see all of these penalties but I have a feeling there is a reason for the class 1 and trophy trucks. They want to run of the edge all day and get as close to 50 and 30 mph as they can. Those cars go up and down so much in speed I bet it is hard to control (At least that is what I am told from my uncle). It was sad to see this happen but now we know what SCORE is going to do for all future races.

manicmechanic

Reaction
I keep "checking back" toward the end of the week for V2R final for all 3 days.
The longer it takes makes me think. "PENALTIES"

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
I know it is sad to see all of these penalties but I have a feeling there is a reason for the class 1 and trophy trucks. They want to run of the edge all day and get as close to 50 and 30 mph as they can. Those cars go up and down so much in speed I bet it is hard to control (At least that is what I am told from my uncle). It was sad to see this happen but now we know what SCORE is going to do for all future races.

But how much time do you think you are actually saving by pushing it to the edge? Maybe a couple of seconds? It's obvious now that it is not worth it. How about the Class 1 car that got almost 4 hours of penalties? What was he thinking??!! Did he go to the drivers meeting??

D Bergstrom

Reaction
"Official" results of Vegas to Reno have been out for a couple of weeks:

http://www.bitd.com/content/view/170/13/

It does say "official" at the top, even though they are each days results. The overall results have not been posted yet. If you really want to know the overall results of your class, you just need to take a little time and do some math.

Lets take a closer look. Primm was one day, 300 mile loop race. Vegas to Reno was 3 days, 1,000 miles, point to point with maybe twice the entries? (Not exactly sure on entry numbers, but I would be willing to bet Vegas to Reno had a few more!) Plus BITD has a prerun three weeks after and another 300 miles race five weeks after Vegas to Reno. If it takes BITD a little longer to get out overall results, I think they have a pretty good excuse.

Doug

Brad Wilson

#ronnysson
Reaction
But how much time do you think you are actually saving by pushing it to the edge? Maybe a couple of seconds? It's obvious now that it is not worth it. How about the Class 1 car that got almost 4 hours of penalties? What was he thinking??!! Did he go to the drivers meeting??

True but their times are so close everyone wants to push it as hard as they can.... And i believe that class one car probably missed that meeting haha