Primm top tips

mjp_2

Reaction
good luck. what are you racing with? will you be racing in the thousand?

Thanks! I'm running a 2006 Tacoma, Camburg LT with Fox coilovers and 2.5" triple bypass up front and Giant Motorsports' 64" spring-under with Fox 3" 4-tube bypasses in the rear. Nothing crazy -- travel numbers are around 14"/18" front/rear.

I don't have the cash or time to run the 1000 this year but hope to in the next 1-2 years. A lot will depend on what I learn at Primm. There's not a lot of desert for testing here in NJ.

My original plan was to run 7sx, but after testing at Barstow last year when I got my cage tagged I realized 2 things: 1) I had no understanding of what was needed to keep a vehicle alive in the desert, and 2) 7sx is a rough ride.

I went to the 2008 1000 race as a spectator and checked out every vehicle entering the tech area, asked questions, took pictures, etc. The difference between what I understood the rules to be and what was being run in the race was surprising. Being geographically far makes it difficult to make last-minute changes to my build, so rather than push my luck I decided to go for the sportsman class. I can't get out to race often enough to justify being in a points class, and having the freedom to build a truck that'll work well both out there and through moderate crawling around here sounded like a better fit.

Ultimately, I'm in it for the experience. It's something most people never try so I decided to give it a shot. If it ends up being as addictive as it appears I wouldn't be opposed to moving off the east coast. I've got a lot of fun to have with this truck to justify the build cost! ;)

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
Class 10
Pink beats Green, Black and Yellow.

Sorry boys!

:eek:

RFS Motorsports

Reaction

JOSH

Reaction
Norman and company OA, as long as John can keep Jorge Jaggard from messing up his prep before race day

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
jajaja. I'm really looking forward to this race.

Me too! It is going to be nice to run it and then come back in three weeks to race it again for Snore. By the way, I wasn't talking about you Pdiddy so don't get your panties all bunched up. LOL. I know you will kick some butt!

papajon14

Reaction
ouch, hope no one was hurt.

We have molds for conversion if that helps. Which pieces to you need?

We need every piece except for the roof. haha
We are so badass that we rolled 3 times without touching the roof! lol :cool:

-jon

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
We need every piece except for the roof. haha
We are so badass that we rolled 3 times without touching the roof! lol :cool:

-jon

Tell Chris to get it together so we can have a beer at the tree bar!

RFS Motorsports

Reaction

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, perhaps so, but I wonder who is going to be pushing the right pedal in TT#77 next week ? I just got off the phone with RGs crew chief and even he did not know. Dale Ebberts? He is fast... who else does RG let behind the wheel?

ML Racer

Reaction
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, perhaps so, but I wonder who is going to be pushing the right pedal in TT#77 next week ? I just got off the phone with RGs crew chief and even he did not know. Dale Ebberts? He is fast... who else does RG let behind the wheel?

I heard Michael Waltrip wasn't busy next Saturday:D

ML Racer

Reaction

But on the serious ride, what about Andy Grider?