Primm

KitRacer

Reaction
I have 2 questions about this race so far. First off, the drawing was today, so what is the starting order? Secondly, last time i checked 1/2 1600's only do 3 of the 4 laps. So does this mean i only have to pay for 3/4 of my entry fee? Why do i pay the same as a TT or 1 car if i get stuck only doing 3 laps? Yah Yah, i know, i can still run 4 if i want, but you get my point. What are your guys feelings on this?

racer951

Reaction
dunno the results but i ran a sportsman buggy in henderson, only supposed to do 2 laps there but at other races my car (usually run it in 9) always runs less laps, in every seiries...pay the same. Yeah it's kinda stupid but it's about finishing times. Sometimes they go overboard though. If I would have had a good 2 laps at Henderson I would've been 1st on the road to finish which makes no sense at all. Turns out I rolled it and had engine trouble and limped in at mm18, but that's racing.

bpthirteen

Reaction
Eric, I agree with you. 1600 cars are fast cars that should be running the entire distance. Only the slowest classes (11,sportsman,etc.) should be running fewer laps.

KitRacer

Reaction
sounds like its time to give good ol Sal a call and let him know how we feel. And yeah, if i was racin an 11 id proly be down with doin less laps, but thats what codrivers are for. I dont care if i need to run lights or how long it takes, I race for fun, and with the lap decrease, they have abreviated that

BitorPerformance

Reaction
Hey Eric back in the 2000 season at this same race, when we were running 5-16 The gaspers wanted to run four laps so they called everybody in the class and found out what everybody wanted and called sal and sure enough we ran four ... it was hot but the racing was hotter door to door for the four laps

KitRacer

Reaction
I'm gonna call Sal first chance i get on monday, but first i need to talk it over with my crew and and my fellow racers

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Eric, your going about it the RIGHT WAY. Sal is very approachable about this sort of thing. I know there is a time limit for the next group but I'm sure he'll work with you guys. It's all about trying to keep it safer for everybody........I'm sure no one has any complaints about that.