• Forum membership has its advantages....

Pro-10 Engine Rules

MikeL

with all the changes in Class 10 engines, what rules will Pro-10 be going by? VW, Eco, Honda/Acura, etc...displacement, differences between 1 or 2 seat.

B-Dub 1020

I would ASSUME that we would keep the rules the same as they have been with SNORE, MORE and BITD for umpteen years. The only thing that has changed is the eco-tec stock and sealed 2.4 in a 2 seat and a 2.2 in a single seat is allowed with any ecu, exhaust and throttle CONTROL ie-cable or fly by wire. I really wish SCORE would conform and follow but then again if you can afford SCORE class 10 you can afford two different class 10's HAHA . Sorry Mike I hope this ok with you but SCORE does not understand class 10 was started so you could have an A-arm or unlimted car with a power plant all can afford.A stepping stone to achieve enough seat time to move up in class. My thought if your going to spend 20-30k for an engine in a car why wouldn't you race class 1 or try and win class 10 by driving skills not how much you can spend on a engine. It seems that this eco-tec affordable power/ everyone equal stock sealed program has brought class 10 alive again. Lets keep it there!!! This will be decided at our first meeting and in our welcome letter from El Presidente and his onterodge!!! I like these questions being asked and please give your opinions they are needed

SicRic

My opinion is once we get our org going we can figure out better ways to expand our class.
The perfect example is BITD, although I dont like the fact that single seat class 10 can run the same engine as the 2 seaters, I do like that they allow a diferent motor in the stock form. (Ford I4 engine)
I think they are on the right track and with more options, more people will build class 10 cars. I personally would not mind running a HYUNDAI motor.......LoL....but seriously...

B-Dub 1020

From my understanding the ford motor is allowed in class 12 not 10 but maybe I'm wrong. The same engine in 2 or 4 seat is BS. Its allways been more cc's for a Toyota, Honda, VW for a 2 seat vs 1 seat and I heard BITD is going to change that. Its common sense.So if your putting a 2.4 in a single seat you should probably stop. I guess all the eco-tec guys could talk SNORE,MORE,BITD into having a class 4. I'm not going through this big $$$$ motor bs again.Stock engine comparible ok possibly

CoxTeamRacing

What is the bottom line output of the eco 2.4? I have heard all kind of numbers. Is my aircooled 2.0 type iv still in the hunt?

fullthrottle

What is the bottom line output of the eco 2.4? I have heard all kind of numbers. Is my aircooled 2.0 type iv still in the hunt?
You will not regret switching to a 2.4L, well you may regret you didn't dump the VW sooner!;)

Andy4

What is wrong with the SCORE Class 10 sealed engine rules? Savage is most likely gonna discontinue the open carbureted engine rule as he realized that was a mistake. I really think having choices with this new sealed engine approach is the way to go. It allows for creativity and drives up the competition which in turn will motivate people to wanna race class 10. Thoughts?

B-Dub 1020

What is wrong with the SCORE Class 10 sealed engine rules? Savage is most likely gonna discontinue the open carbureted engine rule as he realized that was a mistake. I really think having choices with this new sealed engine approach is the way to go. It allows for creativity and drives up the competition which in turn will motivate people to wanna race class 10. Thoughts?
I feel the way it is now with all the other orgs. rules is fine for now. Class 10 has exploded with Bitd ,SNORE and More rules why not all be the same and lets get it going big the way its is and maybe expand the rules after we are a solid class. Why does Savage always have to be different. Accept he's not the leader the races voices are. SCORE has what 6 class 10's and the others usally have over 20 ,proof is in the puddin. J M O

Andy4

I feel the way it is now with all the other orgs. rules is fine for now. Class 10 has exploded with Bitd ,SNORE and More rules why not all be the same and lets get it going big the way its is and maybe expand the rules after we are a solid class. Why does Savage always have to be different. Accept he's not the leader the races voices are. SCORE has what 6 class 10's and the others usally have over 20 ,proof is in the puddin. J M O
That is a good point but I also think that low class 10 entries in SCORE has alot to do with the cost of racing SCORE and racing in Baja. I think setting the rules up with options for engine packages from the beginning is a great way to help establish the class as a solid class. Could just be my bias opinion as we are working hard at fine tuning our sealed class 10 engine package. I am definelty excited to see this class grow and see what racers are attracted to racing class 10. With highly controlled engine rules this could turn into somewhat affordable but highly competitive class like 1600.

B-Dub 1020

That is a good point but I also think that low class 10 entries in SCORE has alot to do with the cost of racing SCORE and racing in Baja. I think setting the rules up with options for engine packages from the beginning is a great way to help establish the class as a solid class. Could just be my bias opinion as we are working hard at fine tuning our sealed class 10 engine package. I am definelty excited to see this class grow and see what racers are attracted to racing class 10. With highly controlled engine rules this could turn into somewhat affordable but highly competitive class like 1600.
It already has wait until pro-10 gets going. You can have a stock sealed eco or run your screaming HONDA, TOYOTA OR V-Dub like always. The future is awesome

craigincali

The class has to have more options than just Eco Tecs. I would rather see a class with a bunch of different engine / chassis combos than a class full very similar machines...

LENNY

Craig I disagee only because the 2.2/2.4 eco motor has made class 10 a budget class,If they let the new Ford motor in it could make more HP and Torq and then you would have to change to be competitive.(Im a Ford guy) Ill even say this not a fan of the motec system only because some can make big HP and some not so....Just my two cents and thats all I can afford now of days......LOL

B-Dub 1020

Lets get this class going again with large numbers and pro-10 working smoothly, once that is established and if the majority wants to allow another manufactures stock sealed engine we can talk to the race orgs. and see if they will allow. I'm an eco-tec guy because of the cost and longevity of the engine not because I'm a chevy guy. Try this engine I think if your on a race budget you will love it.

MikeL

Alright guys, back on track for this thread...post your thoughts on the Honda K24 with Motec in a 2 seater, will that be allowed in Pro-10?