PRO-5/1600 GROUP

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Well, it seems that this PRO stuff looks like it will work out. After the SNORE's Buffalo Bills 400, some of the guys in 5/1600 asked about starting a PRO group for the Class. If we can get 10 to 15 Baja's out there the money would fun to go for. Hey, look the winner at BB400 was a new guy "I think" and there was Lone Kid Racing....Lone Kid racing and my son Guy shared the same pit together

So you guys that have Baja's out there, think about it...race to win some big money in a Pro 1600 serries race and still race any where alse. So far in one day with a post on G0-DESERT.COM, I've already got a call from "OUT HOUSE racing" thanks Mr. More. Of course Guy will be there!

If your interested please call my ARTS office at 702-897-3583.

See ya in the Desert

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
What are all the PRO efforts and where are they standing ?

I know of Pro-Dirt (open wheel class one and class ten type vehicles, no truggies)

What else is there and how do they work ? payoff ? where do they race ? How do we contact them ?

rdc

Reaction
Hi there, I forgot to leave my name on the last posting. I'm Art "The TECH DUDE" Savedra. I know there's a bunch of Baja's out there and they just want to race! What happened to the Cook's 5/1600 winner?
If you can't build one ....buy one already built! Race organizations like MDR and SNORE put on a great race schedule and afordable for us 6:30am to 7:00pm workers. Once you race a BAJA BUG your hooked!
See ya in the desert!
Art "The TECH DUDE" Savedra

rdc

Reaction
Hi Klaus,
The works, is a group gets together put in some money (someone they can trust holds the cash) the car with the most points wins!

Where and which organization to race? Thats up to the racers in the group and its voted on. They can still race in other races and other organizations......not like "PRO-TRUCK." We need 10 in the Class to win bigger money. In my case a finish would great!

How to contact? Internet, most racers or their team reads Race-Desert or Go-Desert. It's posted and my phone number is there or Wattarush@aol.com.

It's to let others out there we can do this and have fun! Look at the 1/2-1600's there 78 at the first race and 52 at this last Satrudays race at SNORE/KarTek BB 400. Now that makes me think about building a 1/2-1600 car!

Thanks for the questions
See ya in the Race-Desert
Art "The TECH DUDE" Savedra

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Who is organizing the 1/2-1600 group ?

martininsocal

Reaction
Art- I have been thinking about something similiar, but not limiting it to 1 class. I have been toying with the idea of the limited group. Class 5-1600, 9, and 11. pick 3 races for the yearly points and at the end, one limited group only race for just these 3 classes. a bonus and perpetual trophy would give bragging rights to the overall of the limited race until the following year. we would do something special for the 11's also(i know dennis, you want an overall too!). For the final race, cars would qualify for their starting postions not by class, but by time for start with the first car off the line being car #1. Then there would be none of that "their class started in front of ours", or the " I had to pass all those &^%$ other class cars to get in front". Make it a real fun group with emphasis on racing, competition, and the cammraderie found in the classes where helping each other and survival have been around since way before Trophy Trucks and A-Arms. What do you think?

Martin

P.S.- I was originally going to do this when i had my old 9 car, but I sold it. But since we have an Old 5-1600 we just stuffed into the garage, I am in.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

frankh

Reaction
Art

The bb400 winners have been racing for awhile. They just do not race that often. The other have of the team "Bill Driggs" has been race for a long time. They are another ventura local team. He is the reason I race now. Went to laughlin to watch him and got hooked.

Frank

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Hey Art ! why the slam on Protrucks? the series we race is one the owners vote on, and it happens to be a mixure of S.C.O.R.E./ B.T.I.D. plus a few closed course races, we are also free to run any other series. The differance in our class is we race for spec sponsors money plus what the promotor pays back from the entry fees. We also have side bets, this pro concept is nothing new, its been going on for years. IT is just a good sales tool to win somebody else's money .

rdc

Reaction
It might be the Ivan thing or something. Not to slam the PRO-Truck owners at all. Please keep sending the ideas or call my office.
The TECH DUDE