Pro-9....

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I know it has been quiet for some time now on the Pro-9 issue, especially with Mike Hinson's job change (hope all is going well there). One issue in the past was having someone to head it up......

Well, since I am not driving this year, I have been thinking about organizing at least a one race Pro-9 type event. I don't want to step on anyones toes who was planning to do something next year, I just want to get things started. I think the SNORE/MORE night race (July 26-27) is a good place to start, as it would also be a date that MDR, and SCORE racers could make.

We have been a part of "side pot" money in the past, but I wanted something a little more creative. So here is my plan:

One race entry: $100 (100% payback)

Payback 1st 40%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 10%
Last official class finisher 10% (for the "never quit" attitude)

For non math experts:
With 20 entries:

1st-$800
2nd-$500
3rd- $300
4th-$200
last finisher-$200

We could discuss payback % and entry fees until we are blue in the face and make little progress, so lets do this one race, and then evaluate after for the next year.

So you have my proposal, I am willing collect all entries up until the drivers meeting, and payback with be at the awards. If you are "In", Please post on this site or e-mail me directly: rob@waltersplumbing.com

Rob Walters